9/11

Yes I know multiple people have probably talked about this date already, but it is an important day. 9/11 was the day that caused devastation to the whole country. Spouses lost their lost their loved ones, children lost their parents, family lost their friends and own family. Innocent people were killed for no reason, and everyone was affected by it. It brought everyone together for a while, due to all of the grief and anger. My mother knew someone who died on this horrible day.

People were crushed by the building, some died on impact and some didn't. People burned alive. People jumped from the building because they knew they wouldn't make it out alive either way. Some people were in pieces when found.

My mother was pregnant with my older brother, but even now I feel like crying when I think about the ordeal and what people felt when they heard of the death of someone close, or when they realized that they would die. All the calls people gave to tell the person they loved them. So many things I can't imagine what would feel like, and I hope I never feel that sort of agony (both physical and mental).

One person I will always remember is Todd Beamer. He was on the plane that managed to land on a field instead of hitting a building. For people who don't know who he is, I'll leave stuff here.

 For people who don't know who he is, I'll leave stuff here

Everyone in our country should remember this day and take a moment for the hundreds of lives lost. There are plenty of memorials to visit and, if you have the chance, I recommend going. People would go in to try and save others and most knew that they wouldn't make it out alive, but even so they went in even if they could only save one person, or stay with them in their final moments. I wish there were more people with that sort of courage and mindset in the world.