002

When I entered Rebekah's room, I bolted to bed and lay down, with Evie sleeping on my chest. "You know, it's nice to have another girl around, and one with a cute baby." Rebekah comments and I laugh but nod a little so Evie won't wake up. "What did you mean downstairs, when you said, you know how it feels for a mother to try and kill her children." Bekah questions and that's when I freeze. I calmed down, because they were bound to know my past, something I've been running from for years, "I was always the black sheep in the family, my siblings never liked me because of all the stuff I liked or did. I was very young when my powers came in, they weren't always like that but when mundanes fear something they do not understand, they hurt or destroy to "save themselves".  My parents weren't any better, my mom was the mental and emotional abuser and my dad was the physical. He and my brothers raped me multiple times. They've done things no father or brothers should do but they did, because of my odd nature. And on the night my parents died, I ran. I was 16, they went out in a storm to find me. They didn't care for my well-being, they wanted to find me so I couldn't tell the police what they had been doing to me for years. When they found me, I went blank. I was conscious but I did not have control of my actions. It was then, that my abilities and emotions took control and saved me but it would be the night my parents would die. If I'm being honest I'm surprised that I lived that night for how long I was in the rain. But I believed the universe knew I would be needed, so I'm not complaining." When I finished explaining my history to Bekah, she had tears in her eyes, but what I forgot to remember was that Kol, Klaus, and Elijah had heard as well, and they felt immense pain for their mate to still thrive after all that and take care of a child that isn't hers.

But Bekah changed the topic, and started talking about random things to make me feel better and it did. We stopped talking when there was a knock on the door. Then in walked in Klaus, with a few boxes in his arms. I looked at him questioningly and then turned to Bekah, who was also confused. "Nik, what are you doing in my room? And why do you have boxes in your arms?" Bekah questioned him when Klaus put the boxes down. Klaus turned and looked at me then to Bekah. "These boxes are for Aphrodite, for the ball. And I'm setting up a nursery for young Angel. There are also some clothes for Angel." To say I was shocked was an understatement. I was so appalled that he bought us stuff that I immediately shook my head. "No, Nik that's nice of you but you didn't have to buy or do anything for us. We could have gone to a hotel and then overstay our welcome." As I finished, Nik growled but he composed himself. "No mate of ours will stay in some hotel. I would rather have you here, so we can protect you and it will be better for Angel to stay here, no?" When he said that, he made me realize that I would need a home if I was stuck here and if the Scooby gang found out about me. All I know is that Mystic Falls will not be on the maps anymore. I sigh but agree with him, so Bekah and I shoo him out so we can get dressed for the ball. "Bekah, I know I haven't known you for long, but I have a question for you." Bekah looks at me weirdly but nods for me to continue. "I would love for you to be Evangeline's Godmother. I never had a sister or a best friend, and I made a promise that if I found the right person who would be my sister, then she'd be the godmother to all my kids." Bekah had a shit-smiling grin, but with tears falling down too. She squeals and nods, giving me a quick hug. "Now since that's official. Would you like to hold your goddaughter, Rebekah?" Bexs already had her hands wide open, making the "gimme" sign. I giggled and handed over Angel. Angel who was wide awake, smiled and began gurgling looking at Bekah.

As I finished putting the last touches to my makeup and turned to Bekah, doing the last touches for Evie

As I finished putting the last touches to my makeup and turned to Bekah, doing the last touches for Evie. Seeing Bekah happy, was one of my favorite moments on the show. She rarely showed her happiness and seeing up close is so pleasing. I walk over and gently take Evie back into my arms so Bexs can put on her shoes. The ball started a few minutes ago, and Bekah told me, "We aren't late, everyone else is just early." I snorted because let's face it, the town is scared of the Mikaelson family, of course, they will show up early. When Rebekah and I were at the top of the staircase, everyone turned and stared. Kol was the first one to break his gaze and walk towards the end of the staircase. Evie was shifted in my arms, so I could make sure I didn't trip in my dress, and when I reached the bottom, Kol grabbed my hand and led us into the crowd. Everyone was stunned, I mean it makes sense. A girl they have never seen in town shows up with a baby and happens to know the Mikaelson family. But they didn't pay attention, they were having the time of their lives at a very fancy ball. Kol drags Evie and me to Mayor Lockwood, and I begin to remember what happens, from when I used to watch the show. "Mayor Lockwood. We haven't formally met. Kol Mikaelson and this here is Aphrodite and the little one is Angel. I hope your lovely town embraces us just as much as we plan to embrace it." Kol stated when he kissed Carol's hand. I look to see Damon standing with Carol, and I roll my eyes when I see him. "Damon Salvatore. Have we met?" Damon had his hand out to shake with Kol but he didn't even try to hide his distaste. "I've met a lot of people. And you don't particularly stand out." Kol spoke and put his arm around my waist to meet other people at this stupid ball. "Here comes the whore. Whoops, I mean Elena. I mean Katerina admitted she was playing them both, and she even told Elena that this was going to happen, but she's too stubborn to believe her." I told Kol, as I was cooing at Evie, given that she was fascinated at all the lights. "I see why Rebekah, likes you so much. Anyway, who would you like to see now, darling?" I thought about who I wanted to see and that's when I remembered, Caroline was going to show. "Nik, I want to see Nik." As I said his name, Nik showed up out of nowhere. "You called love." Nik had a cheeky smile, to which I kissed his cheek and nodded. "Yes, Caroline is going to show up soon. She's going to think you like her, but since I'm here, I'm just claiming who's mine." The boys laugh at what I said, but it's true. I'm territorial when it comes to people I care about, and that happens to be Nik, Kol, Elijah, Rebekah, and Evie. "Don't worry love. You know our attention is on you and you alone, sweetheart."And before I could say anything, in walks in Caroline Forbes.

Caroline looks around the room, trying to find Nik, but when she realizes his attention isn't on her, she becomes a little jealous. When she sees him smiling and looking at someone else with emotions swirling in his eyes, she huffs and heads to the bar for a drink. At the bar, Finn walks up to Elena Gilbert. "Elena Gilbert, I presume? I'm Finn Mikaelson. You're here to see my mother." Finn questions Elena. No one sees them talking but one person, Aphrodite. But she knows what's going to happen, and that's when she realizes she needs to begin her task, of protecting and loving the Mikaelson family. "Is she here?" Questions the Petrova Doppelgänger. "Her request did not include your friends," Finn remarked, but even Finn could tell that she was tearing those brothers apart. "They're protecting me. You may not know but your mother's already tired to kill me once." Elena had sassed back but tried to keep her voice as innocent as possible. "If you want to see my mother, you'll need to be alone." And that's when Finn walks away, and Elijah and Klaus make their announcement to everyone. "Uh, if everyone could gather, please." Klaus wraps his arm around Aphrodite's waist and leads her to the staircase. The Scooby gang is confused when they see her and is even more confused because she has a baby in her arms. "Welcome, thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. And, I would also like to address that my brothers and I have found our soulmate, Miss Aphrodite Toretto." Aphrodite blushes, because now all the attention is on her. Stefan and Damon see Esther but are also surprised that the Mikaelson brothers have found their mate. It takes vampires and werewolves years to find their mate, so everyone, human and supernatural knows that she's off limits. "Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if you all could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom."