003

"Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if you all could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom," Elijah speaks to the crowd that came into his family's home. Aphrodite is standing next to Kol, watching Elena, Stefan, and Damon. Kol grabs her and leads her to the ballroom, and before she enters Elena is already having a fight with Damon. "If I'm being honest, I've never seen the appeal the doppelgängers have. She's so dull, and whines and it reminds me of my dead sister. She finally stopped whining, when I made her drown." I whispered into Kol's ear, during the waltz. He grinned at me, with that pure and utter psychotic look in his eyes.

I turned my gaze to look at Klaus and Caroline dancing. I wanted to puke but awe at the same time. I found their love the most amazing because Klaus truly loved Caroline, but I hated how she treated him in the beginning. I spoke to Klaus telepathically and told him to pretend to woo her because she would actually think you like her. He looked at me and winked, but in his eyes, he was annoyed. Kol did not want to spin me off to someone, but I made him do so. To which Klaus, ends up getting me into his arms. "Hello love, I must say you look ravishing tonight." I looked at Klaus and blushed ever so lightly. He saw and smirked at me and I smiled back at him. "You know, you're quite the dancer," Klaus commented, but it didn't surprise Aphrodite. "I had training, I was a professional dancer at one point." He was shocked, but came over it when he realized, he didn't know much about her. I look around and I see Rebekah looking jealous at Caroline and Matt. I honestly felt bad, but I never understood her attraction to Matt. He was human, dull, and seemed to hate being a part of the supernatural. We stopped dancing and I looked at Klaus and tilted my head to Caroline, slowly to show him what he had to do next. I walked to where I saw Kol and Rebekah standing in the foyer. "Where's your date?" I hear Kol question his sister. "Flirting with his ex," Bekah said with a hint of sadness. "Honestly, Bekah what do you see in him? He is human, he's dull." Bekah looked to her left of Kol, to see me. "You've changed, Bekah. You know, settling for mortals is the first sign of weakness." Kol said after I'd made my comment about the human. "He's human, isn't he supposed to be dull, sister? And I'm not settling. I brought him here to kill him. He's Elena's friend. If he does she suffers. But I've already been scolded once so I was hoping one of you would help me out?" I turned to look at Kol and give him a mischievous smile. "And spit right in the face of mother's rules. We're in." Kol and I looked like we stole candy from the candy store, with how much we were smiling. Out of nowhere, I start seeing black and my magic acting violently. I was confused but I knew who was doing this, since I saw her walk up those stairs to see that wretched woman. I look to Kol in a panic, trying to speak but I can't until it's too late, my body shuts down and the only thing I hoped I have said was, "Esther."

When Dia was falling to the ground, Kol reacted so quickly it looked like he didn't move. He looked at Rebekah to shout at her to get Nik and Elijah but they showed up two seconds later. "Kol what happened? Who did this? Why didn't you stop them!" Nik growled but Kol looked at him with a vicious look. "She looked at me with fear and before she passed out she only uttered one word. A name, and it was mother's name." Elijah looked at Kol in disbelief but he thought about when Finn went and spoke to Elena. He knew that his mother wasn't here to bring their family together. "She wanted to see Elena Gilbert, but I do not know if it happened yet. Kol take her to your room and stay there until I send Rebekah for you." He walked away not before trailing his eyes to seek out Elena. As Kol takes Dia to his room, he goes to check on Eve to make sure nothing happened to her.  As Dia is lying unconscious because of Esther's doing, everything is going wrong downstairs. Elena comes back from seeing Esther and lies to Elijah about what his mother is doing. As Elena lies to Elijah, he is thinking of ways to kill everyone in town that is to partake in Esther's help for his family's demise. All of the Mikaelson's stood among the crowd, as their mother stood at the top of the steps telling everyone to grab a drink for a toast. Elijah knew from when Aphrodite told them to be wary of their mother, he looked to his siblings and nodded ever so slightly. They "drank" the champagne and after that more problems start at the ball.

Kol tries to hurt Matt on the balcony, because he hurt his sister by spending the entire time at the ball, with his ex. Damon saves him and snaps the neck of Kol and that's when all the other supernatural people show up. Elena tells Damon to stop loving her, causing her feelings to go haywire for Damon. Klaus goes down the balcony grabs Kol off the ground and takes him to his room. Everyone leaves after what happened with Damon and Kol, and Esther blames Elijah for not handling his siblings properly. Elijah feigns obedience to Esther, about controlling Kol and his tendencies but it took all of his willpower not to kill her right then and there. As Esther and Finn retreat to their rooms for the night, Rebekah with baby Eve, Elijah, and Nik goes to check on Dia and see that Kol is awake. "Mother must have known she was a witch before she started channeling her magic," Kol whispered to his siblings, looking at Eve who was starting to get fussy that her mother wasn't moving or giving her attention. "We must stay united, remember what she told us about the plans. We must pretend we know nothing and always be cautious when it comes to tomorrow evening." Elijah explains to them as they look at Dia with worry and wondering if this could kill her.