Part 6: Meeting the Friends

6

Someone cleared their throat at the two love birds who seemed to be lost in each other, causing both their heads to snap towards the noise. The 3 men Xavier came with had settled in the living room and all their eyes were on them. He immediately stepped closer to her wrapping an arm around her waist out of pure instinct, before turning his attention to everyone in the room.

"Everybody this is Louisa, Lou this is everybody." He said, glancing down at her. He noticed that his shy girl was back again, as she tucked herself into his side and he squeezed her hip comfortingly.

She didn't want to be rude just because she was nervous and forced herself to wave at everyone, even saying hello. The three men who were now staring at her with surprise etched into their features either nodded or said a greeting back. The couch they had sat on last night was empty and Xavier led her right to it.

"Sit here for a minute and I'll go grab us a plate okay?" He wanted her to be comfortable, as he kissed the small girl's forehead muttering 'be right back', before walking away.

"So, Louisa is it?" The youngest looking one out of the three walked up and sat beside her on the couch.

"Yes, sir, Louisa and your name?" Lou smiled at him, despite feeling incredibly intimidated.

"I'm James." He said whilst his head dipped to the side in deep thought. "So, tell me about yourself?"

"James," a gruff voice sounded from beside her causing her to jump, startled. "I'm Aiden it's nice to meet you." Aiden introduced himself and narrowed his eyes at the young man he called a friend.

"It's nice to meet you both." She offered a polite smile, trying to tame the fire on her cheeks.

"Are you from around here?" Aiden said, making James lean forward in interest.

"Yes sir, this is where I grew up." She said quietly, ducking her head from all the attention.

Aiden nodded and took a seat in the chair next to the couch.

"So, you're not trying to like get out of a ticket or anything are you?" James whispered, and Louisa's eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"No?" She was confused wondering if she had given off that vibe. She glanced over at Xavier, who was talking to the 3rd man quietly by the tray that held an array of breakfast items. Was that something that had happened to him often? People using him because of his position at work. The thought made her stomachache.

"You don't seem too sure about that," James said louder this time, eyes narrowing at the small girl in front of him.

"Didn't I say stop being a dick?" Aiden said as he slapped the boy on the back of the head. He glanced at Louisa and frowned at the panicked expression on her face.

"He's really not that bad, he's just protective of his friends. We have to have each other's backs." Aiden said while James sat next to her pouting.

"I'm 22, I have a job and house. My sister lives with me because I'm closer to her school than our mother. I'm not here because of a ticket or a fine, in fact, I've never gotten into trouble with the law." Louisa's cheeks were burning red as she gave whatever information about herself that she could think of at that moment to the men in front of her.

"So is your sister your only sibling?" James asked curiously and Lou was thankful, she didn't mind talking about her family.

"No, I actually have seven siblings, three older and four youngers," Lou told him and she couldn't help but smile.

"Oh wow," James said dumbly, a surprised look on his face.

Before she could respond, the guy that was talking to Xavier a moment ago came over and squatted down in front of them. "Baby boy, do you want me to make you a plate?" He asked James, a sickly-sweet grin on his face.