Part 11: Opening Up

11

Xavier didn't sleep at all that night. He knew there was so much more to the story, and it drove him fucking insane. He wanted to wake her, to make her tell him everything. He wondered if the fucker still lived with her family and if that's why she had moved out so young? His mind ran wild with all the possibilities and each time he looked down at the small girl in his arms, who had happily slept on his chest all night long, he ached just a little more. He wanted to do something, anything, but it wouldn't take away from the fact that his girl had grown up in an abusive household. It made sense now, why she always so jumpy and the look on her face; God, it made him sick.

Those we're the thoughts that plagued his mind until he felt his girl shift in his arms as she began to wake. He swallowed down all the words he wanted to say as he kissed her head several times, before seeing her eyes flutter open. He thought she looked fucking adorable as she scrunched up her nose glancing around squinting confusedly before her eyes settled on him. This was what he had wanted yesterday, to see this beautiful girl first thing in the morning.

Her eyes closed for a moment protecting them from the morning sun before she opened them again a bit more adjusted. She gently placed her hand on his jaw and leaned up to place her lips on his, before she could think twice about it. "Morning." She smiled softly at him as she took to running her fingers lightly up and down his neck and over his chest. She watched his now relaxed posture under her as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"Morning baby." He said a lazy smile on his face. He would happily wake up like that every single morning. He was surprised by her being so forward, but he couldn't deny that he loved it.

"Do we need to talk about it?" She asked, catching him off guard.

"Only if you're up for it." He said honestly, as crazy as the whole thing made him feel, this wasn't about what he needed. It was about what she needed, and if she needed to get away from the subject that's what they would do.

"Can we get food first?" She asked her bottom lip poking out. She remembered what she had told him last night, and knew he probably had questions. As much as she didn't want to think about her past, she wanted him to know that despite everything she was okay. She kissed him again when he nodded in response to her question, a silent thank you. They found their way to the kitchen and she turned towards Xavier asking him what he wanted to eat.

"Whatever you want baby, I don't mind." He told her honestly.

"Okay, pancakes are fast, so I'll just make some of those." She nodded to herself and pulled out what she needed.

Xavier watched her closely as she worked. Now that it was quiet all his previous thoughts drifted back to the forefront of his mind. He did his best not to show any emotion on his face because he didn't want to worry her. He was so lost in thought he didn't even notice his girl was standing right next to him.

"Xavier... are you okay?" She asked louder as she waved her hand in front of his face.

"Yes, sorry." He apologized quickly kissing her cheek.

"Come on, let's eat." She said.

They settled at the table again, like they had the previous night and Louisa took her time spreading peanut butter over her pancakes. She could tell by the look on his face, he was ready to talk about what she had told him last night. She didn't make eye contact with him as she offered him the syrup that she currently held in her hand.

"You don't have to talk about anything you don't want to. I want to know, but I would never force you to tell me anything unless under extreme circumstances." He said as he took the syrup from her hands. He set it down beside him, not bothering to mess with the food in front of him.