Chapter 6 - A Captured Moment

I leaned against the elevator wall alone with my Frappuccino in hand. I checked my watch and sighed. It was a quarter to 2 o’clock. I was already tired and my sleeping pattern was still in Los Angeles time. I thought about the “date” I just had with Winter and laughed to myself. I love how she went with my lie just to prevent the barista from making a scene. I don’t usually lie to my fans, but I just wanted to spend the rest of the date with Winter peacefully, you know, without any interference. Though the waiter at Pizza Hut was already one, another would have totally ruined the moment. Well, he already did when he made Winter uncomfortable. I still can’t believe that I told the waiter that Winter was my fiancé. I don’t know what came through me and made me blurt those words out. Could it be that I got jealous? Nah, couldn’t be. I just met her! Plus she’s my boss’ sister! I let out a soft groan in frustration.

My thoughts keep reverting back to Winter. She is one crazy girl, so mysterious and yet I feel like I know her already. I want to know her better, but how? Just tonight, I couldn’t get through her. I tried, I really did but I didn’t want to push her too much. There’s just something about her that draws me closer to her, making me want to be with her.

“You are in deep shit, Greg, if you think you have a chance with her. She’s too good for you.” I whispered to myself, “But then, nothing is impossible, right?” The elevator dinged when I reached my floor and I lazily walked out to the hallway. William was generous enough to provide me a hotel suite with a breath taking view of the Manila Bay. When I got to the door of my suite, I heard voices from inside. At first I thought it could be housekeeping but I didn’t request for any room cleaning and there was no cart outside the door. I entered the suite and found William and Summer inside. It seems they have been waiting for me for quite a while. I put down my beverage on the table near the door and walked awkwardly towards the couple.

“Umm …” I muttered.

“Sit down, Gorenc. We need to talk to you.” Summer said, cutting me off. She was sitting on the sofa while William was leaning against the office table next to the sofa set.

“Is there a problem? How long have you guys been waiting here?” I asked, trying not to sound scared because I shit you not, finding your boss inside your hotel suite will make you shit your pants. I sat down on the sofa next to Summer.

“Not really. We’ve been here ever since we got word that you and Winter left the hotel.” William answered.

“Oh, about that, I can explain.” I stuttered.

“Save it. We’re here because we want you to know what our concern is, which is Win.” Summer said.

“What about her? Is something wrong?” I asked.

“You have to know that Win is a very complicated person. She has unpredictable mood swings; she may show that she likes you right now but once you get on her bad side, you can never find the good side ever again. And also ….” Summer explained, “…she’s very fragile. Break her once and only God knows what would happen.”

“Well, what do you guys want me to do?” I asked, hoping they won’t say that they want me back in LA in the morning.

“Just don’t break her heart, please?” She pleaded.

“As if that’s even possible, it’s not like I have a chance with her. And even if it was possible, I would never attempt to break her heart.” Because it’s most likely that she might break mine.

“Are you kidding me? You just managed to do what we thought was impossible: you got Win to talk and dance with you without having the need for us to persuade her. And to top it all, she asked you to go out with her. That’s a first in two years!” she replied, grinning at me. I did what?