chap. one

It was a beach day for me. A time to just go and relax. Get away from..whatever happens in Beach City. It's hard to keep track.
Trust me, it's a great place. Everyone's friendly but sometimes it gets overwhelming. So much happens that it's just..stressful. There hasn't been an attack in a while, but gosh you don't know when it's gonna happen!
     It literally hits you in the face when you least expect it! But it's..fine? I mean, as long as I'm alive, that's what matters most.
     I gave myself a nod of approval, patting myself on the shoulder. I walked to the beach, taking in the scenery. It's a pretty nice day if I do say so myself. It's not unbearably hot, but it's hot enough to want to throw myself into freezing cold water.
     So I guess it is unbearably hot. I took a deep breath, and sighed. God I should've taken a bike or something. I huffed, my head starting to hurt a bit.
     It wouldn't hurt to take a little break from walking. I don't wanna get heatstroke(again).
     I decided to wait a while in the arcade, fanning myself to cool down. In the background, of course, I heard Steven and Amethyst's voice. They sound like they're having fun cheating on the skee ball..game thingy.
     I looked back at them. They both sat on top and just threw the balls in. Mr. Smiley was, I'm assuming, in the back room.
     Though, Amethyst and Steven seem to be with someone else, but it looks like they're not really enjoying themselves. They're just messing around with the tickets. I frowned a little.
     "Heyyy Y/nnnn!" Amethyst waved at me. Steven and the other person looked at me. Steven smiled widely and hopped off the game, and made his way towards me. The other..pink gem taggedd along, hugging his arm as they walked. Amethyst went back to shoving balls in. I'm sure she'll tag along soon.
      "Heya Steban." I smiled. He sighed, rolling his eyes again. "Do you always have to add a 'b' sound to my name?" I nodded,"Yep. You know how I text." I snickered. He smiled a bit,"Yeah..unfortunately." The pink gem hid behind Steven more, pulling his arm a bit. "Oh! Y/n! Have you met Spinel?" I tilted my head a bit,"Spinel? I mean..I've heard of her." He smiled,"Great! Spinel, this is Y/n, Y/n this is Spinel." He moved out of the way.
     She held her hand out, and smiled cartoonishly. "A pleasure to meet ya uh..Y/n?" I smiled a bit, and shook her hand,"Pleasure to meet you as well Spinal- Spinel." My smiled twitched a bit. I can't believe I called her Spinal. Like a spine? But- Yeah, yeah hopefully she didn't notice.
     She shook my hand a bit exaggerated. She let go and stood there, smiling. I pursed my lips a bit. Steven tilted his head a bit,"Sooo, Y/n! Goin' anywhere?" I nodded,"I was going to the beach." "Gasp! Can we tag along? If you don't mind, of course." I nodded,"Of course! I don't mind at all." He nodded,"Sweet! We'll meet you there soon!" I held a thumbs up,"Sounds good! See yaa." I waved, turned and left.
    Ah jeez, this heat.
•••
Spinel and Steven waved back. He turned to look at Spinel,"Are you up for some beach time?" She looked at him, and nodded. "Sweet! This is gonna be so funn!" He gave Spinel a side hug. She smiled,"Yeah..it will!" "Now! We should go help Amethyst with getting tickets. Mr. Smiley is gonna come out at some point and he is not gonna be happy." He snickered.

♡♡♡
lmao  sucky chapter but im SICK so umu