chap. 3

(concept sketches of their swimming suits)

♡♡♡          "Alright! Lets begin!" Steven tossed the ball to Y/n, wanting her to start off

♡♡♡

     "Alright! Lets begin!" Steven tossed the ball to Y/n, wanting her to start off. She missed, and swam to get it. When she did, she threw the ball to Steven, going as high as she could.
     Spinel, of course, just stretched her arms up to get it. And of course, she caught it. Y/n pursed her lips a bit, somewhat taken back by Spinel's..stretchiness? "I uh...didn't know you could do that!" Y/n said, swimming to replace Spinel's spot.
     Spinel brought her arms back down, smiling at Y/n, tilting her head a bit. "Really? I woulda thought you guessed by now." Spinel giggled. Y/n rubbed her arm,"Looks like I'm a bit slow, huh? So does that mean you can lift someone up like that? Or is it like a..weakness type thing?" Spinel smiled,"Why dontcha see that for yourself?"
     She stretched her arms around Y/n, and lifted her high into the water. Steven gasped, as did the gems. "Spinel! Careful! She's not like me or the gems!"
     Spinel untwisted her arms from Y/n, letting her fall. Stevens eyes widen, and before Y/n could hit the water, Spinel caught her. Y/n clung onto her arms, panting a bit from fear. Spinel gently set her into the water. Even then, Y/n was still latched on.
     "Uh..Y/n? You okay?" Steven asked, reaching a hand out. Y/n nodded,"Yeah! Yeah totally! Just uh.." She gave Spinel's hand a lil pat,"Just..showing Spinal- Spinel some appreciation, yknow? She deserves it." Spinels eyes widened a bit. More..appreciation? And from someone she rarely knows?
     Such a nice feeling. Y/n let go of Spinel's arms, making her frown a bit. "Anyways! Lets go back to our game of monkey in the middle." She snickered. Spinel grabbed the ball and stretched her arm over Y/n, and into Steven's hand, cackling as she did so.
     Y/n stood there, her mouth slightly agape. This was gonna be harder than she thought. Steven tossed the ball as he can, letting Spinel to stretch on over and catch it. Y/n splashed some water at the both of them,"No fair! You guys have power and I don't!" She huffed, crossing her arms.
     Steven laughed a bit,"Fiine, fine, no powers. Alright Spinel?" He rose a brow at her, and she nodded. "Allrighty!" Steven held a thumbs up. Spinel tossed the ball to Steven, frantically Y/n jumped as high she could to catch it. Steven caught it, and gave Y/n a lil boop on the forehead. "I'll give you a headstart, slow poke."
     Y/n huffed, and swam over to Spinel rather quickly. She stood right in front, ready to catch the ball. Spinel cackled a little, determined to catch it.
     Steven threw the ball at them, and they went for it. Spinel accidentally toppled over Y/n, knocking them both into the water. Steven put his hands over his mouth, laughing a bit.
     Spinel surfaced back up, as did Y/n, both blushing a bit from embarrassment. "Hey Y/nnn!" Spinel giggled, Y/n raised a brow at her. "What?" "I caught the ball." Y/n sighed, this was gonna be a long game.
•••
     After they dried off, they decided to go on a walk. Just Spinel, Steven and Y/n. They talked, and talked, and talked. Not much to do since..it's a pretty small city.
     Y/n's face flushed a little as she walked. The sun was still high, lowering a bit. The heat hit hard. Y/n began to drag her feet, falling a bit behind the two. Spinel looked back at Y/n,"You feelin' alright?" Y/n held a thumbs up. "Yeah! I'm..I'm feeling peachy!"
     Steven turned to face her as well. "Are you sure?" Y/n nodded. "Yeah..y.." In a blur, Y/n blacked out.
     Dang heatstroke.

♡♡♡
lmao i barfed this out