chap. 2

Oh god, this heat is killing me. I collapsed onto the sand, panting a bit. I dug through my bag and pulled out a cold bottle of water.
     There's better things to drink, but I'm desperate. I chugged down the bottle, waiting for Steven and his friends to arrive. My eyes drooped a bit. Yeesh, don't tell me this is heatstroke.
     I fell back, and stared at the sky. I fanned myself a bit. Wait, what am I doing? I'm at a beach. I took off my shirt n shorts. Mm, swimming suit.
     Not gonna lie, I look p cute in this. I like it. I took off my flip flops and went into the water. I stepped back. I forgot how cold the ocean is.
     I went in deeper, until it got to my knees. Yeah, I don't think I'd be able to actually dive into the water.
•••
Steven and the gems arrived. They dropped off some things where Y/n left her things. Immediately, Steven dashed up to her to shove her in, Spinel watching. Y/n fell foward, into the water. A few seconds later, she emerged, gasping. "Steven! What the fuck!" He cackled,"I couldn't help myself!" She stood up, hugging herself. He kept cackling. She shoved him in the water. Spinel continued to watch, a bit nervous.
     Garnet looked down at her,"He'll be alright." Spinel looked up, a bit tense. She nodded slowly,"Al..right."
     Steven popped his head out the water,"Cmon guys! The water feels great!" He laughed a little. Garnet gave Spinel a little pat on the back, urging her to go. She made her way over to Steven's side, and sunk in, judt above her nose.
     "How's the water Spinal- Spinel?" Y/n asked. Spinel went up a little. "Cold." Y/n giggled,"Thanks for pointing it out." She sunk down into the water as well, just to be at the same level at Spinel.
     Spinel smiled a little, and Y/n smiled back. Steven, in the middle of it, said,"So! Any games in miind?" He smiled slightly. Spinel smiled widely,"Ooo! Ooo, ooo! Monkey in the middle?" Y/n nodded,"Alright! Who should be in the middle?" Steven tapped his chin,"Hmmm...Welll, since *you* decided, how 'bout you be the monkey?"
     Spinel smiled,"Alllrighty!" She swam into the middle. Y/n and Steven spread out into the sides. "Hey! Can you toss us a ball?" Steven shouted to Pearl. She nodded, and dug through Steven's bag. She pulled out a ball anf tossed it to him. Of course, he caught it with ease.
     "Alright! Lets begin!"

♡♡♡
sorry if Spinel was ooc qwq
(also i might draw a concept sketch of both y/ns and spinels swimming suits so wink wonk request sum styles pls)