chap. 4

Y/n hit the ground with a loud thud. Steven rushed by her side, as did Spinel. "Did she die?! Is she dead?!" Spinel panicked. Steven shook her head,"No, no she's not..It's just heatstroke?"
Spinel tilted her head,"H..heatstroke?" Steven nodded,"Yeah. It happens when it's too hot. All we need to do now is take her somewhete colder." Spinel took a deep breath, and nodded. "Al..Alright!" She stood up, and scooped Y/n up.
     Steven was a bit confused, but thought nothing of it. He looked around, pursing his lips. "It's best if we take her back to my place, alright? It's gonna take a while though.." He mumbled. Spinel nodded,"But..are ya sure she's not.." Steven sighed, a little frustrated. "Yes, Spinel, I'm positive." Spinel nodded,"Alright, but she did her head a bit too hard and I-" "Spinel! Relax, she's gon a be fine! Alright?"
     Spinel nodded. They both went off to Steven's house.
•••
Spinel lied Y/n down on Steven's couch. He looked through his fridge trying to find something cold. He frowned a bit,"Looks like we ran out of ice..somehow..I'll go buy some real quick! Be back soon."
     Spinel nodded, and Steven left. Spinel looked back at Y/n and frowned. She walked on over, and kneeled in front. Y/n was...well knocked unconscious. Spinel pursed her lips and poked her cheek.
     No response. She did it again. She sat dowm, and visibly deflated. She tossed her head back, trying her best not to hit you..even though it's kinda hard since..yknow. You're on the couch.
     She groaned, and from behind, she felt a shift. She turned her head and there you were, slowly waking up. She watched for a bit until you were fully awake.
     You held your head and groaned,"God..what happened?" Your voice was a lil scratchy, but what could you do about it now? "Oh! You uh...what'd Steven call it again? Heatstroke? Yes, it was that. You got heatstroke." Spinel responded nervously, you slowly nodded. "That explains...a lot actually."
     You sighed and rose a brow at Spinel,"Were you waiting for me to wake up?" She hesitantly nodded,"I was afraid you were uh..dead?" She awkwardly laughhed and glanced down.
     "D'awwwe. You were worried about mee." You gave her head to soft pats. "That's sweet. Sorry for worrying you. I kinda have no control over heatstroke." She nodded,"It's alright. Say, does your head hurt?" She rose a brow, a bit nervous.
     "I mean...a little. But it's nothing too bad." Spinel nodded,"Do..you need to do anything to take the pain away?" You lightly tapped your chin, thinking,"Well I mean...this is Steven's house and since he has his own hesling powers, I'd doubt he'd have painkillers..."
     Spinel nodded again,"Al..right..do you want water? I've heard that helps." You smiled a bit and nodded,"Water sounds nice, thank you." Spinel stretch her arms over to where the cups are, now putting all her focus on the glass and filling it with water. She slowly brought her arms back, and handed the glass to you.
     You watched her did all of that, her mouth in a little 'o' shape. "Holy...Oh! Thank you." You gave her a little nod before drinking the water. Spinel smiled at your reaction. It was funny to her.
▪▪▪
     Steven came back, lugging a bag of ice.."Oh! Y/n, you're awake!" She nodded,"Yep! Sorry for ruining the day!" Steven shook his head,"No you didn't! We still have plenty of time!"
Spinel listened to the two of you talk. Plenty of time..hm.

♡♡♡
it sucks sorry im a lil sjsn rn