Author's note & Glossary

So before y'all start reading, just wanted you to know a few things:

-This is an omegaverse fic (I'm new to this AU so the descriptions fo the Omegaverse terms might be taken from other books. With their permission obviously and I'll undoubtedly credit them);

-It'll end quite tragically so if you're here for some happy story, you should probably back out.

-The main ship here is Kaishin. Shinichi and Ran are just best friends.

That being said, onto the most important things.

--------------------------------------°--------------------------------------

Other than the two main genders (female and male), there are other secondary genders that do not differ and can be either male or female. These secondary genders are Alpha, Beta and Omega. And they follow the 3P's.

Alphas Protect

Betas Progress

Omegas Produce

Alphas are people with exceptional appearance, intelligence, and abilities and are generally males, with one every hundred being a female (alpha females are known to be very fertile) and able to impregnate OmegasThey are the more dominant of the three secondary genders. Alphas are naturally more aggressive, possessive, strong and have a good sense of leadership. They make up approximately 1/4 of the world population. Unlike Betas, they can detect an omega in heat and can only mate with Omegas. Mating takes place through a bite on the Omega's neck while the two are mating during the heat, and this "bond" is considered valid in all respects as a marriage. Once they mate with omegas, they can't "un-mate" and are very possessive of their mates. 

Betas are basically your typical human being with none of the special attributes of Alphas or Omegas. Their main purpose is progress. In fact, betas are the ones to create new and advanced technologies to make society improve. They have a heightened sense of smell but that is their only perk. They make the majority of the world population

Omegas are more submissive of the three secondary genders and are generally female, male omegas are rare and prized (they are known to be more fertile than female omegas). Lovers form pair-bonds, which is a special connection with telepathic and empathetic qualities. Once paired, the Omega become submissive and their pheromones attract only their paired Alpha. Omegas start going into heat, somewhere between fifteen and twenty and need to have sex. This can cause issues with schooling which is why they often use suppressants. Omegas are naturally calmer, nurturing, docile and have good maternity senses. They make up approximately 1/4 o the world population.

-----------------------------------°-----------------------------------

Omegas, Alphas, and Betas are treated equally in this world so Omegas are not ordered around and are not used as ovens. Alphas undergo training during their younger years to suppress their urges and their reactions to Omegas

--------------------------------°--------------------------------

Pheromones: a scent secreted by both Omegas and Alphas which attracts mates. Everyone has preferences and can find Pheromones attractive or unattractive. Pheromones can induce heats and ruts.