That lonely omega

Warnings: Sexual content, angst, pain and major character death. (I'm not going to follow or consider the storyline of DC and its films. Furthermore, many characters may not even appear.)

Sexual content starts at: The night before the mission was the best ever...

Ends at: The rest of the night seemed like a blur to him...

-------------------------------------° -------------------------------------

--------------------------°--------------------------

Months after Shinichi found his soulmate and started elementary school all over again, Kaito started kinda courting him. The shrunken teen didn't know he was that serious when he said he would try to win him over. 

He smiled in exasperation as he watched Kaito giving the kids he was friends with (forced him to be friends with them after he resolved a case and they started calling themselves Detective Boys) looking at his mate in awe as they tried to figure out his umpteenth magic trick. He wished things could remain as they were now. He unconsciously started rubbing his covered neck.

In those few months that had passed, a lot happened. They found Shiho Miyano, a victim of the same drug (APTX 4869 as he later found out) and its creator. At first, he had been angry at her for creating the drug. But then, Kaito made him realise how irrational he was, she had been forced to do what she did under a death threat. From that moment, she stayed at Agasa's place under the identity of Haibara Ai, the daughter of one of the professor's distant relatives. 

After that, he met with some of the members of the Black Organization (which he called them) and found out Shiho had this terrible paranoia of them. She called it a feeling she had when there were members around her. Well, it wasn't hard to find them because they were not doing a good job hiding their killer intent. 

Thanks to Heiji Hattori, who gave him and Haibara a baijiu under the excuse of the liquor being medicinal when he was sick, he turned back to his normal self for some hours and he was able to solve a case with his real body and spend some time with Kaito before turning back. The downside was he was stuck with a fever and Kaito babysitting him for an entire week. (Not that he particularly minded)

He somehow got involved with the FBI when he met Jodie Starling. From there, things just seemed to escalate and he didn't know if it was for bad of for good. Because while he gained the respect of many FBI agents, the ones in the Black Organization included, he couldn't help but feel as things proceeded, something terrible was going to happen.

'Well, any bad thoughts can disappear now.' He thought as he looked at Kaito cuddle with him.

He had been spending a lot of time with Kaito recently too, going to Ekoda a lot too. There, he met Aoko, Kaito's best friend and frequent pranks victim before Hakuba came into the picture. When he first met the girl, he was really envious of her. She was his childhood friend and she knew almost everything of his mate. No matter how he could have his memories, they could never be like actually being there with him.

It seemed Aoko understood his feelings immediately. She knew what it felt like, her own mate grew up in England so, they became friends almost instantly exchanging numbers and talking once in a while. The fact that she looked and acted a bit like Ran helped Shinichi get along with her. Shinichi actually considered telling her the truth a while ago. 

But, that idea was thrown out of the gutter when he saw how the Black Organization treated those who have even the slightest suspicion on their existence. So, for now, Aoko only knew that Conan is Kaito's fated mate and is like ten years younger than him but she didn't mind. Fate never worked by human's mentality. Besides, the boy was basically an adult in the body of a child. (She didn't know how right she was)