That lonely omega

Warnings: None surprisingly

-------------------------------------°-------------------------------------

--------------------------°--------------------------

When they got there, the thief looked around and still disguised as Ran said: "One-sec Conan-kun, this is the engine room. Is Kaitou Kid really here?"

Conan was having a little difficulty talking due to the mask on his face but he couldn't take it off: "Tell me Ran-neechan, do you know about the language of jewels?" he asked and the disguised teen repeated in faux confusion. He was really confused though that the little sleuth was kicking a ball.

"A pearl means woman or moon. Of all the passengers, the only woman on board with moon in her name is Tomoko Suzuki-san. In other words, the real pearl was with her," he said.

"Really? But how does that tell you who Kid is?" Ran asked him.

"Do you remember how the card you chose had his message?"

When she replied positively, he continued: "It's a basic trick in which the magician used the pigeon in his right hand to distract the audience while he switched decks in his left hand. So the chosen card would be the same regardless of who cut the deck," he said still kicking the ball. That, was his method of coping with the alpha being so close to him and him not being able to do anything, by distracting himself.

"So, if the message was on that card..." he started breathing a little heavily, "D...does that mean Kaitou Kid was the magician?"

"No, I watched the whole time. The magician never got closed to the pearl," he replied, "The only other person who could have switched the cards is the person that made them fall and pretended to pick them up, then removed a card and added the message. They hid it in their palm and pretended to pull it from the deck!" He suddenly stopped playing with the ball.

"Isn't that right Ran-neechan? Or should I say Kaito Kuroba?"

This shocked the magician. How in the world did that child find out his identity? He was using his real name.

"Surprised?" Shinichi asked amused, "Don't be. I know everything about you. I am your other half after all." He said.

In the meanwhile, the police forces were keeping the security really tight by scrutinizing every nook and cranny.

The shrunken detective much to the shock of the other in the room with him kicked the ball with much force towards the only telephone in the room. "I will not let you escape this. We will sit down here and talk this out. And don't worry about Ran, she's alright. Waiting outside that door to break your bones for drugging her," he said putting him in a tight spot since the thief didn't expect something like that happening.

"Alright, you got me. You won." He said giving up. That made Shinichi happy.

This person was making him feel things never in his life he had ever thought he would feel.

"You're quite the detective might I say. But do tell me, I'm curious, how did you find out my real identity?" he asked taking off the disguise he was wearing.

"Oh, that was quite easy you know. Once I accepted you as my mate, I started having small flashes of another person's life and the name that popped out frequently was Kaito Kuroba. So as the curious person I am, I searched for the name Kuroba and I ended up with Toichi Kuroba a famous magician that died ten years ago and my mother's mentor." He said looking at the teen, still not taking off his mask.