Chapter 4

I looked at my wrist, which was slightly burning.

He set down his tattoo utensil and I looked more closely at the tattoo. The words were written perfectly in cursive.

"Delirium?" I asked confused and looked at him.

He nods. "You're just a beginner, you won't do much."

I roll my eyes. "You're gonna need me."

He chuckles and shakes his head as he cleaned up all his tools. "You're very confident, you know that? How old are you?"

"How old are you?" I repeat his question, but he shook his head. "Seventeen," I tell him and something flickers in his eyes. I don't know if it was shock or interest.

"Twenty," he says and we both stand up. "You say you can fight? Well, here's your chance to prove it to me. We're having a fight tonight, weapons involved. Do you know how to use a weapon?"

"Well, I guess I get to find out. Why are you fighting?"

"There's this other gang, we were once one entire gang, but shit happens. Now, we fight each other, but there's this guy and he's dangerous. I advise you to watch your back at all times," he informs me, then walks out.

"Hi," the girl from earlier says as she walked in. "I'm Danielle and you, Carter, are amazing!"

"I am?"

"Yes, you are!" Another girl walked in. "I'm Eleanor, but wow! Nobody ever gets accepted that quickly. Especially by Zayn!"

Zayn.

So that's what his name is.

"It really wasn't that hard. I just did what I always do, insult and get what I want," I tell them and they exchange glances.

"Well..." Eleanor begins, "welcome to the gang! So... you think you're bad?"

"I AM bad."

They look at each other with smiles.

"Confidence is something we all lack. It's great to have someone who has it," Danielle says.

I nod, but don't really listen to what they have to say. I think about Zayn.

Zayn.

I like that name. It sounded dangerous, but brave, yet a little caring. I haven't experienced the caring side yet though.

I think about his eyes, a swirling amber that held something inside them. Secrets maybe. I think about his hair, black like a raven, with one streak of blonde in the front, his broad shoulders, his built chest and stomach, his neck, his jawline.

The two girls kept babbling while I gave a nod or let out an "uh-huh."

I think about Zayn's long, dark eyelashes and the way they fell over his eyes, slightly brushing his skin. I think about his eyebrows, bushy like caterpillars.

I think about everything. I never knew I'd notice that much of him. I think of his voice, deep, sexy, and like velvet. His lips, which looked very kissable.

What he is, is a day dream to which I'll remember to hold on to.

I wonder what it would be like to kiss him or listen to his heartbeat.

I wonder what it would be like to be in a relationship with someone like Zayn.

Wait. What am I saying?

Before I knew it, Danielle and Eleanor were dragging me out of the room and telling me what to expect in the fight.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hi! Feedback please!

Comment, Vote, Fan!!!

:) xx