Intrø

May 25th, 2012.

It was the first day of school where I was already marked as uncool.

It was the same-old, same-old.. People teasing me because of my afro.

I walked through the school double doors which I now think are heaven gates

Because when I first stepped in, I thought to myself: "My angel awaits."

You were so goregous. I couldn't help but stare. 

Like a river down your back, I wanted to run my fingers through your hair. 

You looked at me once revealing a smile that sent my heart racing. 

I smiled back as our eyes met, but tripped when my shoes needed lacing.

Laughter filled the air as I quickly tied my Converse.

I sighed at the fact that we'll never get to converse...

Or conversate. I really hate...

The fact that I'll never be one of the jocks.

I'll always be that dorky misfit that's never had a shot. 

Not only that, but I'm a fool... A fool for you.

Please... I know I'm no Prince Charming... That's a fact that's never alarming... but accept me as I am, and write back whenever you can. I'll be waiting at Locker 280.

                                                             ---- Your Secret Admirer, Jacob.

I had been writing notes to her all year long, and I finally wanted to reveal myself to her. I was just anonymous and mysterious to her, but I just didn't want rejection to be thrown in my face like always. 

It was the last day of school, and also the last period of school. I waited at my locker for fifty-five minutes (how long class is), but she never appeared. Even after school... She never showed.

School's officially over at 2:15pm, but it's almost 4:45 now. I should've known better than to think she would actually want to know me... or even see me. I sighed gathering my belongings and taking a heartbreakingly slow walk home. 

Why am I so hooked on this girl? Why am I so in love? Why am I so "obsessed" as some people say? If you really want to know why.... Take a seat, get some chips or something, and take a ride on this rollercoaster that some people call "Obsession".