Chapter ø3

- September 26th, 2011

She hasn't written me back in weeks. I think she thinks I'm crazy. I think I scared her off. I think she thinks I'm obsessed. 

I kind of am. She's so addicting. She's so intoxicating. And it erks my nerves when I see her with some one else knowing it should be me. 

I wasn't in the rhyming mood. I didn't want to write either. Her not responding made my heart feel low. I felt like I was writing to the sky... minus the feeling of freedom and enlightenment. 

I sighed walking into the quiet school yet again. Yes, I'm late yet again. 

I put in my locker combination as slow as I could trying to waste as much time as I could.  I just want this day to be over already. 

A pink note fluttered down onto the floor once my locker opened. I rolled my eyes feeling somewhat obligated to pick it up. 

I was comtemplating whether to throw it away, rip it up and keep it like I did the last one, or stomp on it and leave it on the floor. 

I groaned picking it up and placing my hands to where I could start ripping, but stopped when an aroma of roses hit me in the face. It was coming from the note. 

I slowly opened the folded note, and read preparing my heart to be shattered yet again. 

I'm sorry if I have you feeling as though I don't care. 

I'm sorry if you're feeling as though I'm not there...

or here... or not listening... or ignoring your notes. 

I'm just having a hard time letting you know that your words make me feel that I can float. 

I'm not good at expressing my feelings to people...

That's why I keep to myself, I don't like being around a lot of people. 

I seem to always catch attention, but I can't help it.

I don't like being crowded all the time by people who are shallow and selfish. 

I may be popular, but I never asked to be. 

Sometimes... I just wish it was you and me. 

According to your notes... We have a lot in common.

You say you're not a Prince, but I think you're charming. 

Your favorite color's green, but mine is scarlet like a flame tree.

I think those colors go well together... Wouldn't you agree?

You say you love writing... That's something you think you're good at.

That's something very obvious, Secret Admirer. And you shouldn't doubt that. 

I'd write more to you, but this is already long enough. 

Plus, I have class... I honestly think this day's going to be rough. 

Wish me luck, Secret Admirer. 

--- ❤.

I read over and over and over again having a slight smile spread into a wide grin the more my eyes traveled along the letters. 

The bell soon rang making me grab my things, and hurry to my next period. I wouldn't want her to catch me.

She seems like the one to keep her eyes on Locker 280 to see who her secret admirer is or what they look like. 

I refolded the note and quickly kissed the rose scented paper before tucking it into my back pocket. I slammed my locker closed before quickly moving towards my English class. 

On my way there... I saw her. The love of my life. The beauty in this ugly world. The one who brightens my day. 

I smiled to myself feeling her hazel eyes glimpse at me as we passed. Once in my second period classroom, I melted in my seat cheesing really hard. I put my head down on the desk taking out the note, and somewhat cuddling it.

Don't judge me.

I eventually fell asleep being awakened by a soothing feeling of someone smoothing back my afro a little. 

"Jacob... Wake up. It's time for your next period", Mrs. Garcia spoke soothingly. I sat up feeling the note sticking to my face. It still smelled like roses. 

I gathered my things and hugged my English teacher. She's always been my favorite teacher.

"Have a nice day, Jacob. And don't fall asleep in my class anymore, Understood?", She raised an eyebrow and pointed a finger at me causing me to chuckle a little. 

"Yes, Ma'am", I smiled. "Have a nice day, Sweetie", She repeated somewhat gently pushing me out her classroom. 

I ran my fingers through my afro with a sigh before looking at my phone for time. It's only 10:00 am, and school doesn't end until 2:15...

The school day can't go any slower, Can it?

Oh, Wait... It just did.