One: IDOL

Location: The Academy of Eos
Planet: HELIOS

It's the first day of the new semester in The Academy of Eos as lieutenant Lightwood, former ship captain, walks towards the new group of freshmen students while looking down at his DP, checking his schedule.

"Welcome everyone to The Academy of Eos." He puts away his DP and turns his focus to the new batch of rookies. "I am lieutenant Lightwood and today I will be touring you around the institute."

As Lightwood continues his annual introduction, Jaewon and Sawyer begin to speak in whisper.

"It's still surreal how we're actual students in The Academy." Jae whispers with a big smile.

Sawyer smirks and shakes his head.

Every two years thousands of youth enroll in the academy, but only 100 get accepted every two years. That's why if you're smart enough and it's your dream to get chosen, you choose to train at a very young age with full determination.

"I wonder when we'll be given our DP's." Jae looks back at Lightwood and whispers excitingly. "–and also when we'll get to meet Rue Lennox and Holden Price."

Rue and Holden. There was not a single soul in Helios who didn't know those two names. They are the youngest people training in the military base near the palace. Also seniors in The Academy and part of the ELITE team.

Two people of the same level, but with two completely different backgrounds.

Sawyer shushes Jae in an instant.

"Dude quiet! I wanna hear what he says!"

Lightwood notices the two boys arguing in the back and raises an eyebrow with a hint of annoyance. "Boys!" He calls before the two look up and share glances with him. The entire group turns to the 'dynamic duo'.

"Mind sharing the conversation with the rest of the group?"

Jae and Sawyer turn their heads to look at each other before bringing back their focus to Lightwood. "Sorry." They say in unison.

Lieutenant Lightwood shrugs it off with a deep sigh before heading towards the building. "Alright.. Let's get you all settled and finally get this over with so I can get back to my office where my lunch is impatiently waiting for me."

Without furthermore interruption, the entire group follows the lieutenant inside. Many older students look at the new batch of rookies and some even begin to reminisce about the time when they were once the newcomers while some other seniors just laugh at the new students.

Sawyer rolls his eyes at them and enters the building. "Idiots.." He mutters as he overhears some of them.

They enter The Academy and are immediately greeted by a high ceiling that shows the very top of the building. "Woah." Sawyer and Jaewon say in unison with utter amazement just like the rest of the newbies.

"Feel free to roam around the ground floor. I'll be expecting you all in room 1.06 in an hour where I'll be handing you your school supplies and before showing the rest of the school."

And with that being said, Lightwood walks off with relief towards the blue-staff portal. A portal only for military staff, not even giving one glance at the students.

"Let's find Holden Price!" A short girl with brown curls and a bronze badge says to her friends. The group of girls squeal before running away.

Typical Holden fans, Sawyer thinks. Everyone is in love with Holden Price. His slightly long blonde hair, blue eyes and charming smile and of course his witty character were the elements of every girl's ultimate dream guy.

Sawyer frowns when a slightly older guy enters the academy while carrying a stack of heavy briefcases. "Christ!" He huffs with a strange accent as he struggles with balancing the boxes. "I sacrificed three bloody years helping with the reconstruction of Earth and this is what I get in return!"

"Jae, let's help him." Sawyer says before walking towards the guy. "Can I help you with that?" He asks as he takes a briefcase of the stack.

The man frowns in surprise, but doesn't complain. "Eh thanks." He then responds.

Jae slowly walks closer and silently stares at the guy completely puzzled, making the stranger a bit uncomfortable.

"Everything alright with your friend?" The older guy asks Sawyer.

Suddenly Jae snaps his fingers and points at the stranger with the weird accent.

"You.. you're Ion Wells!" Jae fanatically squeals like the girls earlier. The older guy raises his eyebrows and puts down the stack.

Sawyer's eyes widen at the mention of 'Ion Wells'. "No way.." He whispers as he slowly starts to recognize the guy behind the facial hair.

"You used to train Holden and Rue before choosing to help Earth! I've read so many of your books about your time on earth. You're like my hero!" Ion smiles at the sudden given praise, but then shakes his head. "Trust me, I am far from a hero, but thank you."

"When did you get back? I thought you were supposed to stay on Earth till it's officially restored." Sawyer puts down the briefcase he took from Ion and waits enthusiastically for whatever his idol had to say.

Yes, idol. Holden and Rue were not important in Sawyer's mind, but Ion Wells sure was. Rue and Holden were great and were the only ones to get blue badges, but Ion had a humbler and more heroic story.

"Actually just now.– These," Ion points at the briefcases. "are just elements from earth to investigate more about what really happened there... Sorry, we've been conversing quite a bit now. I totally forgot to ask your names."

Sawyer smiles at the politeness of Ion and responds. "My name's Sawyer Anson and this is my best friend Jae Leeyung. We're both freshmen students."

"Pleasure meeting you both. Just to have the conversation make sense, even though you already know, my name is–"

"Ion!" A familiar voice calls with joy. Both Sawyer and Jae turn around to find a tall slim blonde guy approach them.

"Sawyer, if you don't fucking pinch me now, I'm going to faint." Jae whispers as Holden Price walks towards Ion with open arms.

Ion passes the two boys by and embraces his old friend. Holden closes his eyes for a brief moment and smiles. "Good to see you again, brother." Ion joyously let out.

Sawyer and Jae are left awkwardly waiting by the briefcases as they watch the two friends catching up, until Holden notices them.. just staring. He frowns at the sight of golden badges on their uniforms. "Are those two with you?" He asks.

Ion turns to them and smiles. "Yeah," He responds as he scratches the back of his neck, continuing to introduce the two rookies. "These are Sawyer and Jae, apparently new students. They were kind enough to help me with these briefcases." He says as he lifts the stack again.

Holden nods before carrying the stack Jae and Sawyer both previously took. "You guys should explore the academy instead of helping this granddad." Holden says with a chuckle.

Ion laughs and kicks his friend's leg. "I'm only three years older than you, you twat!" He yells as the two older guys pass the boys by.

"By the way," Ion turns around to Sawyer and Jae and gives them a smile. "Welcome to the academy."