Reason One

Twenty freaking reasons to love Ellen Gray is the number one reason for the lack of my sleep.

Just saying.

I roll on my bed, feeling very very unwell I can kick someone in the face. Power kick. No, I’m so crazy now.

The God damned challenge was given yesterday and until now I have no freaking idea even for one reason.

Ellen always loves to be hard to get. That is reason number one why I need about ten years to convince myself that I literally in love with her.

Ellen isn’t the type of romantic girl who always convinced by ‘I love you’s and kisses. She is a type who need reasons and never like commitment. Actually, me confessing to her is almost extreme enough. I should’ve known not to get my hope higher. But let’s be honest, Ellen might loves me so much she accepted the commitment to be my girlfriend and gave me a chance to be her husband. She’s smart enough not to believe in someone easily. So smart she terrifies me sometimes. That is why, I can’t just use those stereotypical reasons like you’re God damn beautiful are you Aphrodite or you’re sexy af or you’re so smart I just because no. Ellen won’t fall for those shitty reasons.

That’s why I need to think hard for nice reasons.

Ellen, please.

Anyway, it’s now eleven at night and this random challenge makes me can’t sleep.

But I literally need sleep everyone won’t understand my struggle. I think of any possible way I might sleep and―

Finding someone to talk about Ellen’s challenge is the only way out of this nightmare.

Oh okay, it is a marvelous idea.

I grab my phone, ignoring the fact it is almost midnight, and dial a number.

It takes a miscall and a lot of ring until the person answers. “Hello...” I heard a lifeless, sleepy voice.

“Zach―”

“Oh my God, Carter,” he groans as soon as he realized it’s me who is calling. “This is a freaking midnight, if you haven’t realized, and not everyone is a God damn nocturnal just like you.”

“Who is nocturnal?” I drawl.

“You,” Zach replies. “Or else you’ve been asleep like a bear hibernating.”

“Unless I got like 99 problems,” I say.

“What?” Yay, I caught Zach’s interest.

“Let me tell you tomorrow, but we have to meet up.”

A silent for a moment before Zach says, “Then why are you calling me now?”

“Long story short, I call you so I can sleep. Let’s just meet in Nathan’s. At ten.”

“Okay.” A yawn. And then, “Night.”

I mutter, “Night,” but Zach already hung the call. I place my phone on the table and lie down.

And drift to sleep.

---

I wake up to the sound of crashes. I rub my eyes, sitting up. I look at my clock and find it is nine in the morning. I yawn and stand up. Time to go to the kitchen and look what Casper had broken.

Anyway, Casper is my dog. He’s literally the second cutest after Ellen. Ellen is the cutest. Similarity between Casper and Ellen is they both are evils. Casper loves to jump around and break all my furniture. I don’t know, he’s like an alarm. When he first broke things, I got mad easily. But later then I realized that Casper’s furniture-broking talent might be an alarm.