Chapter 7

Lances pov

As the door closed behind me as I let go of it. I had a second to rethink what happened just a few moments ago.

This guy isn't a joke. He gets in peoples minds and that's how he gets to them.

The poor victims that have had history with him are all dead but one.

Perhaps... going to the previous victim would get me to understand him better. Maybe a far relative may know of something as well... I should look into this far more carefully from now on... otherwise I'm as far and the last guy that tried talking to Keith...

Time skip

Information about his family is vague, only that his parents are dead and that he might have a brother or sister. However I had found out all the information that I needed about his previous victim, her name is Romelle Howell, apparently she got away from Keith but unfortunately not unharmed as I thought before. A few of her ribs were bent but none broken, unfortunately she suffers from severe memory loss due to some fracture to the brain and scull that I'm sure Keith had caused.

I'm on my way to a hospital where she currently is staying at until she can fully recover. I saw the hospital in the distance as it got bigger the closer I got to the building.

I finally parked my car in the parking lot. I took a deep breath as I took the keys out of my car causing it to turn off.

I leaned my head against the head rest and closed my eyes for a moment. This is all so much happening at once. Usually we let the police do all the searching and interrogating and us therapists just try to get these poor people back to a more stable and normal life style so they can continue like anyone else.

Why is this one guy just so goddamn difficult to even take the first few steps with?

It's almost like he's having sessions with me rather than I am with him.

I regain composure and open my eyes.
Whatever. I just need to talk to her and find out what his deal is or what I should know.

I gripped the door handle and pulled on it, opening the door and stepping out of my car.

I started to  walk towards the front doors. I can see many families and loved ones with flowers and cards walking around.

I walk inside and go straight to the front desk, the receptionist looked up, she had red curly long hair and freckles all over her face, she wore glasses and had bright blue eyes, her name tag read "Sabrina". She smiled fondly.

"Good afternoon, how may I help you?"

I smile back at her.

"I'm looking for a young lady by the name of Romelle Howell, I believe she is staying here."

She nods as she types on her computer.

"Indeed, are you a friend, family or lover?"

I laugh nervously and scratch the back of my neck.

"Just a friend I suppose"

She looks up at me with a hint of curiosity in her eyes.

"Alright, currently she has no visitors so you may go see her. She is in room 375 on the 3rd floor, visiting hours are almost over however so I advise you to be quick."

"Ah thank you very much."

She smiles and waves as I start to walk away to the elevators.

I press the button and the doors quickly open. I step inside and press the button to go to the 3rd floor.

The doors shut and I feel the elevator go up. There's calm music playing softly in the background.

The doors open again and I step out, I start to look for the room 375

"372, 373, 374.... 375...."

I took a deep breath and opened the door.

I see a girl sitting in her bed, she has blond long hair and blue eyes, she had braids in her hair as well and she had a book laying on her lap, she wore a big smile that soon faded.

She looked at me with a confused look.

"Ah forgive me for the intrusion... my name is Lance McClain, pleasure to meet you"

I stuck my hand out to shake her hand but she looked at my hand and back up at me with only more confusion.

An awkwardness built up between us.
I pulled my hand away.

She finally spoke as she put her book aside.

"Ah, forgive me... I just haven't had any visitors yet... I thought maybe you were my brother."

"Ah I'm sorry... Your name is Romelle right?"

She smiled slightly, it looked almost forceful.

"Yes..."

"I'm here to ask you about the person that put you here... do you remember his na-"

Her face turned to disgust.

"Keith Kogane, yes I know him all too well actually."

I was slightly shocked to hear such bitterness in her voice. I was also shocked that she remembered.

"Forgive me for asking but I heard you were suffering from memory loss"

"I am... I can't remember anything before my 18th birthday. Currently I'm 20 years old."

"Ah I see... well I'll inform you that he is currently under high surveillance and being kept behind bullet proof walls in a mental asylum, and I am his assigned therapist"

She scoffs.

"It's where he belongs."

"Do you mind if I were to ask you some questions about what happened?"

She seems a bit uneasy at the request. She leans a bit against the pillows stacked behind her as they hug her body.

"What's in it for me?"

Her comment took me by surprise.

"What would you want?"

"Information. Specifically on the whereabouts of my family."

"I can't promise you much but I swear I'll dig as deep as legally possible."

She smiles.

"Deal."

"Sooo?"

"Keith Kogane, letting that man into my life was the worst decision I've ever fucking made."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1004 words

Hello I'm not dead yet.

Been very inactive, I didn't have any inspiration for the story anymore :/

But I'm back with ideas again and I think it should be pretty interesting but also a bit intense... this was kinda filler Bc I need some stuff to happen before the fun begins :)

Anyways it ain't my best but I promise I'll try to be a bit better?

Aight have a nice day friend :)

Byee ❤️