-Chapter 15-

Neville nervously listened to Wilkie Twycross, the 'Ministry Apparation Instructor'. Harry had already been on side-apparation, so he knew how it felt. Lucky... Harry had told everyone who asked how it felt to apparate. Neville had heard that is was not so nice, and that made Neville even more nervous.
"The three important things to remember when Apparating are the three D's!", said Twycross, "Destination, Determination, Deliberation!"
Destination, Determination, Deliberation. Destination, Determination, Deliberation. Neville franticly repeated the three D's in his mind over and over again.
"Step one: Fix your mind firmly upon the desired destination."
Neville stared at the hoop in front of him, trying to just think of the hoop.
"Step two: Focus your determination to occupy the visualised space! Let your yearning to enter it flood from your mind to every particle of your body!"
Neville breathed faster, trying to want to go to the hoop.
"Step three: And only when I give the commands... Turn on the spot, feeling your way into nothingness, moving with deliberation! On my command, now...one-"
Neville looked up, alarmed. Why ask to apparate so soon?
Er...Destination, Determination, D...D...
"-THREE!"
Neville turned around, not concentrated. He lost his balance completly and landed flat on his back. The next attempts were just as unsuccessful as the first one. The only interesting thing that happened was Susan Bones splinching. Neville hoped dearly that he wouldn't splinch.
Would Luna like me more if I could apparate?
Neville suddenly felt great determination. He tried again, but he failed like everyone else. But he felt something the last time he tried, a sort of swooshing feeling in his whole body. Maybe next time, he thought.