-Chapter 18-

Half a year flew past and Neville didn't manage to talk to Luna much. He had more and more homework every day. One night, Professor Dumbledore had left the school, and Harry suddenly disappeared. Rumours spread that he had gone off with Dumbledore on a special mission.
"It's true", whispered Hermione, looking petrified, "he told us before he went."
She rummaged in her bag. She pulled out a tiny flask. "He told us, that is me, Ron, Ginny and Neville, to share this."
Neville recognised it as Felix Felicis. "What about Luna?", he asked.

"I'm sure she can have some too."

They went to fetch Luna, who was at dinner having pudding. They all took a tiny sip of the Felix. Neville felt energy rush through him. He felt like nothing could go wrong.
But suddenly, Neville heard a cackle, a cackle that belonged to Bellatrix Lestrange, the woman who had driven Neville's parents mad.
"Guys", Neville stuttered, "D...Did you hear that?"
The others nodded. Suddenly, streaks of black filled the great hall. The black streaks flew around, then to the ground and transformed into Death Eaters, You-Know-Who's followers. Cold fingers touched Neville's throat. Without thinking, Neville shot a stunner behind him. He dared to look. Fenir Greyback lay on the floor. Neville quickly shouted 'petrificus totalus'
He ran outside, shivering. He threw a glance up. He choked. The Dark Mark. Who had been murdered? Dread flooded through him. Someone tugged him back into the hall. Luna. Neville saw that the death eaters had disappeared.

"Where did they go?"

Luna shrugged. "No one knows."

She gazed into his eyes and he gazed into hers.

"Uh, Luna? When this is all over, do you...want to go for a drink in Hogsmeade?"

Wow, what a stupid question...

"Of course Neville!"

Suddenly, Death Eaters streaked in again, followed by Harry, who joined Neville. He looked like he might cry. "Dumbledore's dead", he whispered. A single tear rolled down Harry's cheek.
Neville gulped. He felt like this fight would get a whole lot worse.