Mal's Return

I don't own Descendants!!!

Her mother was back! Persephone had returned to her husband and child at last. After a long spring and summer Halina's mother had come back to the Underworld.

Persephone knew her daughter had lost some friends to Auradon but nothing could have prepared her to see the coldness of her only child's heart. Still Halina wrapped her darling mother in a hug and she felt her heart thaw and warm, regaining some of the humanity she had lost over the past few months.

Then Hades appeared at the top of the steps of the palace. He flew down not caring about tripping over his long robe and stopped right in front of his beautiful wife.

"My dearest, my Persephone. How we've missed you." He whispered and the happy couple embraced, tears in their eyes.

Halina joined the hug and smiled, she had her family back. The family made their way inside and to the table laden with ambrosia, nectar, and food. They sat together and ate, laughing and talking, until they were full.

Then Halina stood up "Sorry, Mom, but I gotta go. I'm meeting Uma soon."

"Uma?" Persephone questioned "Isn't she your arch-nemesis?"

"Not anymore. Since Mal and the other left," Halina's eyes turned cold and hard "We've worked out a truce."

"Well, have fun, dear." Persephone smiled.

"I will, love you mom." And Halina shadow traveled away to the Isle of the Lost.

***

"You're late!" Uma grumbled as Halina walked into Ursula's Fish and Chips.

"You're lucky I'm here at all." Halina scowled "I don't like to be summoned."

"Whatever, look." Uma pointed at the old TV in the corner.

Mal. Blonde, in a dress, and surrounded by reporters. Ugh!

"You called me here to watch TV?"

"No!"

"Sure seems like it." Halina grabbed an apple from Gil and took a bite "You really think I'm interested in watching that little witch talk to the paparazzi? You don't know me as well as you think, Uma."

"I tried to tell her, lass."

Harry Hook. Great. He was a pain in Halina's butt.

"What do you want Harry?" She sighed.

"Well, I wouldn't mind a kiss from a beautiful girl." Harry flirted.

"In your dreams." Halina rolled her eyes.

"Aye, every night my dearest."

"Harry, shut up!" Uma screeched "Look."

Ben had appeared on the television screen and saved Mal from embarrassment. To bad.

"That witch who turned her back on evil! Who left us in the dirt!" Uma yelled.

A/N I'm skipping the song

The crowd of pirates cheered, standing on tables and drinking.

Halina hadn't joined in the singing and dancing. She sat in a corner with a drink. When the pirate crew had finished their song she set down her tankard heavily on the table before her and stood up. Everyone got very quiet.

"Honestly, you'd think you don't know your own name." Halina smirked "What's your plan to make them know your name? Huh? Sing it at them? You sound like an Auradonian."

Uma flushed and stuttered.

Halina rolled her eyes "What? Squid got your tongue? Ink in your mouth? Tentacles in your throat?"

"Shut up!" Uma shouted "I don't know how yet but they'll remember the name-"

"Shrimpy!" Gil shouted sounding very drunk.

Uma and Harry shared a look and Harry grabbed Gil by the scruff of his neck and tossed him out of the restaurant.

"What's my name?" Uma shouted.

"Uma!" Her crew chorused.

"What's my name?"

"Uma!" Harry shouted.

Uma got down from the table she stood on and got in Halina's face "What's...my...name?"

Halina paused for a moment before smiling wickedly "Shrimpy."

Uma sighed "Honestly, after that song you still don't know my name?"

"Of course I do. Uma." Halina chuckled "It's just fun to mess with you."

Uma frowned but let it go.

***

Ben had just found out how Mal was using her magic to make herself more princess-like. He wasn't happy. They got in a big fight and Mal made a stupid decision. She decided she'd go back to the Isle, where she felt truly at home. So Mal used her magic to create a bridge to the Isle and rode her motorcycle across.

Halina sensed the magic and stood up sharply "She's here." She whispered, too quietly for Uma to hear.

Even though Mal had forgotten her, Halina still felt a touch of sympathy for her old friend. She shook herself. She couldn't feel anything for Mal. Mal left her, she forgot her. She could never forgive that.

Halina decided to go back to the Underworld for the night, she didn't want to run the risk of meeting Mal down a dark alleyway. So she stood up from her booth in Ursula's diner and said goodbye. As soon as she left the restaurant she shadow-traveled away.

But, just as she had vanished Harry walked in through the swinging doors.

"You'll never guess who I just met." His lips curled in a wicked grin.

Flashback

Mal had just finished getting her hair redone and was in the back admiring her new look when Harry walked into the salon.

"Fork it over, runt." He growled at Dizzy.

She squeaked in fear and quickly handed him the cash from the register.

Mal heard Harry's voice and stepped out "Still taking orders from Uma, Harry?"

"Well, well, well!" Harry spread his arms and laughed "If it isn't the little princess, what do you think you're doing back here? Last I saw you were curtsying and scraping to royals. Oh, Uma's gonna love this. She's never giving you back your old territory."

"Oh? That's good. Because I plan on taking it back." Mal sassed.

"And how do you plan to compete with pure magic?"

"Pure magic?" Mal asked skeptically "No one on the Isle has pure magic."

"Really, lass? I can think of one person. Or have you forgotten her for good?" Harry smirked.

Mal's eyes widened in realization "You don't mean-?"

"But of course I do, darling. Your precious Halina is pat of Uma's core group now. And she's none to happy with you and your other little friends." Harry mocked.

"You're lying." Mal announced "Halina would never-!"

"Oh but she would." Harry waved his hook in Mal's face "You left her, forgot her, and betrayed her. Why would she want to have anything to do with you?"

Mal stuck her gum on the end of Harry's hook in response.

Harry laughed as he turned around to walk out "Goodnight, Mal. Evil dreams!"

Word count: 1094 words
Please don't forget to comment, vote, and add to your reading lists!!!
Love,
The Author