Fat.

******

"Geez, watch it fatass."

I remember his voice clearly, the sharp snap, and the stabbing feeling in my heart that I felt when he said those words.

The way everybody laughed at me.

The way the teachers all looked the other way.

The way my best friend left me alone, because she was too humiliated by me.

The way my parents said, "I was still pretty to them."

But it wasn't true.

If James Everett said I was fat, then I definitely must be.

James was the "popular guy". Cliche, I know. But it wasn't like we were "best friends that drifted apart". Or that he was "my bully." We had gone to the same school, but he had never paid attention to me. I knew of him, but not him personally. I wasn't "hopelessly in love with him" either. He was just a boy at my school that I happened to know his name.

But that day...I just accidentally bumped into him. I was in a hurry to get to class. And maybe he was just in a bad mood or something...but...he just..said that to me.

I had always struggled with my weight. I came from a heavy family; and we had bad eating habits. I had health issues that made exercise difficult for me. So needless to say, I was a bit on the heavier side.

While a part of me was self-conscious about my weight, I tried not to let it control my life. I had tried to what I thought was the best of my ability to lose weight and it didn't work. So now, I was just going to have to deal with being bigger.

But after that day... With the laughing, I just cracked.

I remember pushing past people in the hallway, crying.

I just wanted to get to the bathroom or something. But of course, with my luck, it couldn't happen like that.

I rammed into somebody on my way around the corner, falling backwards, my books flying out in all directions.

"Oh god! I'm sorry I didn't see you." A voice exclaimed, reaching down and helping me pick up my scattered books. "Hey.. Are you alright? Why are you crying?" The voice asked, taking in my appearance.

I just grabbed my books and stood up, avoiding looking at the person. But he grabbed my arm before I could pass him.

"I'm Corey. I'm new here. What's your name?" He asked, trying to start a conversation.

My embarrassment from earlier was starting to fade away, replacing itself with annoyance at this kid.

I gave him a once over, just trying to figure out if I knew him from somewhere. He didn't look like he was from around here at all though.

The kids I knew were the "ghetto" kids, who convinced themselves they had "swag", with their low jeans, snap backs.

This kid at least didn't dress like them. He was wearing a pair of sort of ripped straight legged jeans, toms, and a a grey V neck sweater. He had dark brown hair that was cut pretty short, with the front gelled up. His eyes were a hazel color, but seemed like they had a hint of green to them.

"I'm Arielle." I sighed, shifting my books to my other arms.

He grinned at me.

"Like.. As in the Little Mermaid?" He joked.

I rolled my eyes.

"You're so creative. Yes, like the little mermaid. Now if you don't mind.. I have to get to class." I said, moving past him to get to my next period class.

"I'll see you around Arielle!" He called, before I presume he walked to whatever class he had.

Little did I know I actually would be seeing a lot of Corey in the future.

***********

(A/N) Hello my lovelies(:

So I've finally updated another new story! This one is NOT One Direction Related. These aren't very comfortable for me to upload, considering it is all 100% completely mine. So please, keep your negative comments to yourself /: Constructive criticism is always welcome though! Comment and Vote and let me know what you think?

The prologue chapter thing is dedicated to the wonderful _Halcyon for the gorgeous cover she made for me(: Thanks again dear! :D

This is just a teaser though, the first chapter will be up hopefully by the end of march! Comment loads and tell me what you think though guys

Also, people have been asking about a sequel for dance again.

I don't think that I will be doing one.

Mainly because I just can't think of anything to come after this. The only sort of "dance again" sequel story is the prequel for dancing styles that I am writing.

I won't be uploading it for a bit, I am planning on entering it in the watty awards this year. I have a few stories I am planning on entering.

So wish me luck guys