| pickle man |

The Truth About Mila | MMC

"She cast her fragrance and her radiance over me. I ought never to have run away from her... I ought to have guessed all the affection that lay behind her poor little stratagems. Flowers are so inconsistent! But I was too young to know how to love her..."

~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.

~*~

Fate.

Johnny 'Coco' Cruz believes the universe has its place for everyone and everything. It had to be that way to be ok with the shit. You see, Coco believes his path had already been written out amongst the stars. Perhaps it was God's doing or maybe God no longer exists. That would make more sense in his eyes. As to why his fate was fucked.

If he died now, that would be his fate. He would be fine with that. At least the noise would stop.

"What?" Angel Reyes says towards his close friend.

The two young men sat outside of a small grocery market, leaning against their charpers. The sun blazed down onto the earth, creating heatwaves and dry throats. Coco moves his jet black hair from out of his face. A single cigarette clinch between his index finger and thumb. Eyes glaring up at the blue sky.

"Just thinking," Coco says with a shrug.

Angel cocks one brow, interested in Coco and his private thoughts. The two had known the other for eight-plus years. Keeping each other safe from the harsh world. After joining the Mayans MC, the two found more protection. More freedom too. To be who they wanted to be.

Deep down, Angel thought Coco of being weird, but that was okay.

"What? Thinkin' about dicks again?" Angel jokes.

Coco smacks his lips and threw his finished cigarette to the ground. "Shut up. I'm going to go grab somethin' to drink. Want somthin'?" Coco questions, rolling his sleeves up. What a terrible day to wear a plaid shirt.

"Nah. Hurry up though, we are needed. Got that run tonight," Angel says before lowering his head to study his smartphone.

Coco waves his hand over his shoulder while starting for the entrance of the market. Once inside, Coco greets the cashier behind the counter and starts down the aisles to find a salty snack. Music buzz above his head thus Coco taps his heavy foot along with the beat. His brown eyes search the variety of potato chips before him.

The sound of the front entrance causes his ears to twitch, the cashier - just as he did with Coco - greets the newcomer, and soon after, a pair of heels start down the same aisle Coco stood.

The young man raised his head to get a good look at the unknown customer, but as his wandering eyes sat onto the woman, his heart nearly leaps from out of his chest.

She stood just a few feet away from him and she too searches for something tasty.

Coco couldn't help but admire her beauty. Her brown hair cut short, just above her shoulders. Her skin tan and complexion clear. She wore an expensive tight white dress, the front of her dress low - revealing the top of her breast, and the bottom touch just shy above her knees. In her hands she holds a matching clutch, fingernails pampered and clean.