[ VIII ]

"HAYUMI!!"

Tobirama quickly jumped and kicked Ohnoki away, disrupting and breaking the jutsu before quickly jumping down and running towards where Hayumi had been moments ago.

"Hayumi! Are you all - "

He was pushed away by a sudden gust of powerful wind as the young girl slowly stood, trying her best to control her breathing as she felt the powerful pulse behind her left eye.

"W....what?......"

--------------

"!!!!"

Hayumi, who had been staring up at the impending white beam, was suddenly facing a bright, cloudless sky as she slowly sat up, feeling bewildered.

She looked around, curiously wondering where she was as she observed the beautiful scenery around her. 

She was in a field of blooming flowers ; its sweet scent made her feel a sense of calm as she soon saw a large evergreen tree not too far away.

Hayumi could just make out that there was someone sitting underneath the tree as she approached it with caution. 

A gorgeous white-haired woman was calmly staring ahead, turning to acknowledge Hayumi with a breathtaking smile as she pat down on the ground beside her. "Please, come sit with me my dear child."

Hayumi didn't know why, but she obediently listened to the woman who gave off an otherwordly aura as she plopped down beside her, giving her a sidelong look before quickly turning her gaze to the ground when she noticed that the woman was looking at her too.

"What is your name, my child?"  her soft voice rang out as Hayumi gulped, looking into her dark, onyx eyes - the same as hers before answering : "H-hayumi Senju......w-who are you?" 

"Hayumi.......my name, is Yukiko Otsutsuki." Yukiko answered as Hayumi's jaw-dropped.

"Yukiko Otsutsuki?! As in, the only daughter of the sage of six paths?! The greatest woman shinobi of all time?!" Hayumi excitedly asked as her eyes shone with wonder and respect for the woman before her.

"My my, I never expected myself to be this famous....." Yukiko chuckled as she ruffled Hayumi's red-locks. "Nor did I expect to get such a cute descendant.....well, even if you are dead like me." Yukiko sweatdropped as Hayumi didn't respond, choosing to continue gaping at her instead.

"My time here is short. I've summoned you here to ask you a question." Yukiko said seriously as Hayumi finally snapped out of her trance-like state before paying attention to her words. 

"Question?" 

Yukiko nodded. "Hai. Uchiha, or are you still Senju? Hayumi." Yukiko paused before continuing. "What do you intend to do if your father - Uchiha Madara, loses himself in this war?"

"Loses....himself?" Hayumi repeated as Yukiko nodded. 

"I'm sure you've noticed that he's different from how he used to be now. His lust for power has grown to be too great, and he must be stopped at all costs. If not, he will wipe out the entire shinobi world if it means achieving his dream."

"N-no way! Tou-sama wouldn't do that! He's not -"

"Are you absolutely sure about that, Hayumi?"

"!"

Hayumi was at a lost of words as Yukiko's probing. When the beam of light from the old man was about to hit her, she did expect her father to swoop in and save her.