[ XII ]

Madara had begun pacing outside, constantly staring at the closed dome in frustration as the shinobi around him continued to monitor him warily.

Hashirama walked over to his clearly agitated friend, coming short a few steps behind Madara, who turned to look at him.

"I do not wish to listen to your incessant babbling right now Hashirama," Madara growled as Hashirama let out a sigh at his old friend's words.

"Honestly.......just what are your plans, Madara? What do you plan to achieve by doing.......this?" Hashirama's arm flung out to regard the damage Madara had done to the land as Madara ignored him, continuing his pacing.

------------

No one understood him.

And he was fine with that.

Even if his own daughter didn't choose to trust in him ; he loved her far too much to hate her for it.

He chose to keep her out of his plans for a reason.

She was dead, he knew that - he'd accepted the painful truth long ago.

But with the rinne rebirth.........and the tsuki no mei........they'll........

Madara clenched his fist tightly, his resolve hardening even more.

They'll finally be together again..........

"Tou-sama! Tou-sama!"

They'll..............

Hayumi's cheer-filled grin filled his mind.

"I love you, tou-sama!"

They'll finally........be at peace.

------------

Tobirama slowly walked towards a bound Hayumi in the dome, lighting up the dark space with a tiny flame balance on the tip of his finger. He crouched down beside the struggling child as he noted that the kazekage's sand's grip was beginning to loosen as Hayumi recovered.

"Hayumi."

The said girl turned to face him as he mentally flinched at seeing her eyes up close. Two of the world's most powerful dojutsus that she should never have come to possess in the first place...

".......why are you doing this?" he softly asked, reaching his hand out to place above her own as his eyes regarded her sadly.

".......I've got nothing left." Hayumi murmured as her struggling lessened slightly when she said that. "Tou-sama doesn't........need me anymore. I'm just a disposable pawn to him." her voice cracked slightly as she tried to hold in her tears. "No one cares anyway, so why - !!!"

She was stopped short when Tobirama suddenly pulled her into his chest, the sand breaking off completely as Hayumi's face was smushed into her biological father's warm chest. His blue armour laid by his side - when had he taken it off?

"I care. I always will." Tobirama whispered as Hayumi's eyes slightly widened at his words. "I know I've been a horrible father to you - I've ignored you when you were growing up, something I never should have done. But I just want you to know that I've never stopped caring for your well-being, and I highly doubt that I ever will." he paused when he felt her start to shake.

"But why?!" Hayumi choked out. "After all I've done to you ; after all I've said! How can you forgive me?!" she cried as Tobirama gently ran his hand through her snow white hair, not minding it in the slightest.

"Because that's what a father's supposed to do. No matter what anyone says - no matter whoever tries to pull us apart ; no matter the fact that you may not even see me as your father anymore. A father is supposed to pick their child up, be the one to fall if something ever happens and to be their child's first line of defence. I'm the one who will always be waiting for you at the end of the line ; fighting against anything and anyone that tries to bring harm to you. I know I don't say this often, but I love you Hayumi." Tobirama finished quietly as he tightened his grip on around her frail body. "Papa loves you, and I always will."

Hayumi was then unmoving for a second before suddenly bursting out in a loud wail as her arms came to wrap around her father's neck ; her face buried in the soft fur collar still attached around Tobirama's neck as she cried and cried and cried.

"T-tou-san!! Tou-sannnnn!!" she cried loudly as Tobirama felt himself start to cry too as her arms around his neck tightened. "Gomene! I've done so many horrible things to you.......didn't even care much for you when I was still alive, and yet......you......you still!!" 

Tobirama let out a small smile as he felt the wooden dome begin to unravel as he continued to hold her against his chest.

"Hayumi........stop this, alright? Let's go back and join kaa-san." Tobirama murmured as Hayumi continued to sniffle while nodding her head slightly, refusing to lift her head from her father's warm chest as Tobirama easily picked the small girl up, ruffling her white locks as the wooden dome was now nowhere in sight.

Everyone gawked at the sight of their enemy sitting being hugged so lovingly by the second hokage himself. 

Hashirama let out a large smile at the sight as he immediately rushed over to the two people he loved before patting Tobirama on the head and smiled at the sight of Hayumi, who peered at him from the corner of her eye.

"You two finally made up!!" he cheered as Tobirama sighed at his brother's loud tone of voice before glancing down at Hayumi.

"What should we do with the bijuu inside her, anija? Extracting them won't kill her, but what should we do when all the bijuu are free?" Tobirama questioned as Hashirama thought for awhile before saying: 

"We'll have to seal them away somewhere for awhile until we can come up with something better than that." Hashirama stated.

Tobirama nodded and was about to step forward when Madara suddenly flashed in front of him before snatching Hayumi from his arms and kicking him away with a chakra-enhanced kick. Tobirama, who had not expected the attack, was blown away as Hayumi screeched in panic.

"Tou-san!!!!" 

Madara ignored her screaming as her hands pushed against his chest, trying to make him let go of her. 

Hayumi suddenly felt his hand against her stomach as she felt the tailed beasts within her stir.

"Tailed Beast Extraction!!"

"!!!!!"

Hayumi felt immeasurable pain rack across her whole body as she hollered in pain.

"HAYUMI!!!!" Tobirama roared as he flashed behind Madara, and was about to slash him when Obito suddenly appeared and stopped his attack.

"You!!" Tobirama hissed as Obito snarled.

Hashirama tried to attack Madara from behind when they suddenly disappeared as a swirling portal appeared out of nowhere and took them away.

"Madara will need time to perform the extraction." Obito said as he faced the two Senju brothers. 

"I'm your opponent."

A/N

Isn't the picture cute?!!!

I love Tobirama too much for my own good....huhu....

Next chap will probs come out by next week! Exams are drawing nearer and nearer, so I'm gonna have to cut down on the updates for awhile!

I'm really sorry!