2

The 9 boys watched with sad eyes as the guards came into their dorm room - of course entirely white - to seize what remained of their stolen chicken. Jeongin could've sworn he saw a tear escape Woojin's eye, already mourning his loss. The food they served to the subjects was always lousy.

"Well, it was good whilst it lasted,"Chan sighed, patting Woojin's shoulder as he finally began to bawl.

"Oh, my chicken!"he wailed, taking the tissue that Jisung passed to him and loudly blowing his nose.

Hyunjin followed Chan to his bed, the only single one in the room, and lay down on top of him in a comforting way. The boy was still under the weather from his ourburst an hour ago.

"Ugh, this sucks,"Felix grunted in English, his Australian accent thick. With a dramatic sigh, he fell back onto his bunk that he shared with Changbin, who was already on the top half, leaning over the rail. Noticing some confused faces, Felix reverted back to Korean. "I should've stayed in the orphanage back in Australia, even though they obviously didn't want me. The adoption was dodgy to begin with. Who wants to adopt a 11-year-old? Don't they always want the little cute ones?"

"You didn't have a choice, Felix,"Minho reminded from his lower bunk. "They might as well have kidnapped you. That's what they did to me."

"Yah, we don't want to hear your old man stories, Minho Hyung,"Jeongin groaned. "We hear them enough from Woojin  Hyung already."

"I'm not OLD!"Minho protested, whilst Woojin frowned.

"I just want to entertain you guys,"Woojin mumbled. "The younger generation is so cruel."

"But Chan isn't part of the younger generation,"Jeongin shamelessly pointed out.

"ONE,"Chan snorted from somewhere underneath the mass that was Hyunjin, "I AM part of the younger generation, and TWO, I'm cruel for your survival."

"Yeah right, you enjoy this torture,"Minho scoffed as he strangled Jisung, who was quickly turning red.

The others laughed and cheered Minho on, blatantly ignoring the 'no screaming' rule. Hyunjin leapt off the bed and joined in, leaving Chan alone to watch the others play with a slightly sour expression. Within a minute, everyone had joined in on assaulting Jisung.

"KILL HIM!"they chanted as Jisung's face disappeared from view, the joking yet still harsh words causing Chan to abruptly get up from the bed and stomp towards the door, making the others jump.

"Why are you so touchy today, Channie Hyung?"Jisung called out as he pried Felix's fingers off his waist. Out of all of them, Jisung had known Chan the longest, and was basically raised by him since 8. They all knew what he said was out of care, but when Chan turned around with flames in his eyes, they knew what he said was the wrong thing.

"How could you forget?"Chan spat, making Jisung pull back the hand he had reached out. "How could you talk so easily about death when my friends could be dead ?" The spite he spoke with sent chills across the room.

"Chan,"said Woojin gently, "we always make jokes like this though and you always join in. Why are you so- "

"All of them disappeared today."

His head slightly bent and teeth gritted, Chan spoke quietly this time and made all of their faces drain of any colour this place allowed.

"All twenty-one of them, on the same day, without a word. They were there one second and another they were gone. And they were just like us: rebellious and more aware, filled with life and the will to escape. I have no idea where they are, if they're alive, and it's only starting to hit me now that I'm older how we might be in danger for being, well, us."