4

"Everyone is acting so strange these days,"Minho said as he munched on a packet of crisps. "Is this what hitting puberty is like?"

They were, once again, in the recreation room after a full three hours of sitting in silence and being handed pill after pill, then being taken into a room one by one to have some sort of high tech helmet plugged into them. Chan's head still hurt, so he was asleep on a bench.

"Strange?"Felix frowned. "What do you mean?"

"The real question is, where the heck did you get those crisps from?"Hyunjin asked.

Minho shrugged and continued eating, but Jisung threw himself at him in an attempt to steal the food. "The real question is, can I have some?" But Minho lifted his leg and gave Jisung a kick in the rib, sending him to the floor with a shriek.

"The real question is, GIVE ME SOME!"Jeongin cried, also launching himself at Minho and landing on his lap, but Minho didn't push him away.

"Of course, dear Maknae,"he said, and placed one on his tongue.

"One, HOW COME HE GETS THE FOOD, and two, YOU IDIOT, that wasn't a QUESTION."

Cheeks puffed up with crisps, Jeongin looked at Jisung whilst he still sat on Minho's lap.

"I'm a growing child, I haven't learnt my grammar yet,"Jeongin shrugged.

"You're the same age as Jisung, Felix and I,"Seungmin pointed out, looking over from his conversation with Woojin, although the eldest was really the one talking whilst Seungmin pretended to listen. After all, Woojin talked about chicken way too often.

"I'm still younger,"Jeongin persisted and turned away, angrily grabbing another handful of crisps and stuffing it into his mouth.

"The youngest is always the most spoilt,"Jisung huffed and turned away, crossing his arms.

"Oh, shut up, will you?" Changbin groaned, occupied with Felix, who was complaining to him about the favourtism. "Felix is already over here behaving like a baby and you're not helping either, Jisung. And Hyunjin, stop pouting, you'll never be as cute as Jeongin."

"Favoritism,"the handsome boy muttered, crossing his arms and pouting even harder. Seungmin glanced at him, then glanced at Woojin, then back again, before sneaking away from the eldest and patting Hyunjin's shoulder.

"There, there, Hyunjin-ah. I'll comfort you." And with that, Hyunjin leapt into Seungmin's arms.

"This isn't fair—"

But Hyunjin's whines were abruptly cut off by the unexpected pounding of collective footsteps. Woojin looked up from his conversation with himself and frowned, shuffling closer towards the others. Murmurs of confusion spread across the room as the many youngsters tried to peek out the door, finally getting curious. However, the questioning mumbles quickly turned into shrieks as the thunderous running from an unknown source was accompanied by robotic wails.

Sirens.

The shock and suddenness of the sound left all of the subjects shaken, the usually quiet recreation room alive with screams and scrambling people.

Chan jolted awake and fell right off his bench, his jacket he'd been using as a pillow falling over his head and eyes, and he grabbed at the material, trying to yank it off.

Woojin pulled  Jeongin with him, who was covering his ears,  and pushed through the crowd of white-clothed people. When he reached Chan, Woojin tugged the jacket off his head and pulled him to his feet.

"Where are the others?!"the eldest bellowed above the ruckus. He tossed Chan his jacket back and grabbed him too, pushing through the sea of people to where they had just been.

A hand latched itself onto Jeongin's arm, causing an unusually high-pitched scream to escape his mouth. It would have usually risen a ripple of laughter between them, but on this occasion the two elders looked back in alarm. It was only Seungmin though, with Hyunjin in tow. The other boys were currently nowhere to be seen.

"Where are Felix, Changbin, Jisung and Minho?"Chan yelled as he grabbed Seungmin, who had almost tripped over Hyunjin's foot. Hyunjin moved in front of the small group and shoved people in front of them out of their way. It would have seemed cool if he didn't scream an apology every time.

"I have no idea!"Seungmin exhaled. "They were there one second and then they were gone. Hyunjin and I thought we heard Felix calling for us somewhere in the crowd so we left you guys to go look, but we couldn't see them anywhere. When we turned around, the three of you were gone too. Thank God we found you. Hyunjin is unbelievably clumsy. He tripped me over at least three times."

"What?"Hyunjin cried. "I was scared, ok!"

"Hey, hey, we have no time for this right now,"shrieked Chan, his leader instincts kicking in. "In case you haven't noticed, four of us are missing, and three just so happen to be the most irresponsible. We both know that Changbin completely leaves his senses in terrifying situations like this and turns into a complete baby so there's no point in relying on him to take charge. I am praying that Minho takes some initiative as the oldest there or otherwise they don't stand a chance."