5

"Changbin, get back up, for God's sake!"

"It's not my fault I'm short!"

Minho yanked Changbin to his feet before he was trampled by the scattering people. The tallest of the group grunted in annoyance, holding tightly onto Jisung's arm as he stood on his tip toes, trying to see over the crowd. It didn't help that none of the taller boys were with them. Of the three of them, he was superior in height, but still not as much as he would have liked to be in that moment.

Felix was gone.

He'd been calling out for Seungmin and Hyunjin, yelling that he'd seen them, and Minho had turned around to save Jisung from running in the wrong direction and getting lost. When he looked back, however, the little Australian had disappeared.

He wasn't sure if Felix had ditched them for Seungmin and Hyunjin. He didn't really blame him if he did, since the rates of survival were probably a lot higher when he wasn't with Jisung and Changbin, the idiot and the wimp. But if Felix was by himself, he was bound to get into some kind of trouble.

Jisung and Changbin weren't helping at all, losing every ounce of composure and for the first time, Minho found himself trying to be responsible. He honestly didn't know he had it in him, since he'd always relied on Chan and Woojin or Seungmin to save him from any trouble. He'd never realised how hard it was to take charge.

Eventually, Minho gave up trying to look for his missing friends. He couldn't catch a glimpse of Chan's curly hair, or Hyunjin's height, or Seungmin's lanky figure, or Felix's freckled face, nor Woojin's steady gaze or Jeongin's glinting braces.

So he was stuck with Jisung and Changbin.

"Where's Chan?"Changbin trembled. "We aren't gonna make it out alive without him!"

"Listen, you brat,"Minho snarled, surprisingly threatening for a happy-go-lucky guy. "Chan isn't here right now because you two idiots can't handle yourselves. You should be grateful that I'm actually trying to help you out here. So instead of complaining, why don't you stop being silly and listen to me. If you don't want to 'die' then I suggest you shut up. Felix is already gone, and Chan is going to kill me if I lose another of you."

Changbin gulped as Minho released his jacket arm and grabbed him and Jisung, pulling them off in another direction.

"But isn't everyone else going that way?"Jisung asked with a shakiness to his voice that was an octave higher than usual.

It was true. Everyone had somehow managed to somewhat compose themselves and were going off in a general direction, probably towards the main square where they'd line up. It was strange though, because the guards, who usually tried to never let them out of their sight, who were always around every corner and watching with eagle eyes, well, they were nowhere to be seen. The entire place was chaos without them.

"Well,"sighed Minho with a determined stare, "we aren't going that way. Since when did we go with the flow anyways?" He said the last part with a teasing tone, trying to lighten the mood.

"Never,"Jisung grinned with teeth that stuck out, his braces he used to have making his once wonky teeth straight but still squirrel-like.

"How could you smile in a situation like this?!"Changbin shrieked. "We're all gonna die, we're all gonna fu-"

"HEY, no swearing!"Minho yelled, whacking Changbin' head. "And pull yourself together, would you? We don't even know if this is dangerous or-"

"INTRUDER, INTRUDER."

The sound of the monotone voice coming from the speakers on the ceiling almost made Changbin wet himself, jumping onto Minho and almost knocking him right over.

"There's an intruder?"Changbin screamed, his eyes wide open.

"Spoke too soon,"Minho mumbled. "God, if Felix is by himself, he's gonna-"

"Gonna what?!"Changbin panicked. Jisung watched with wide eyes as they continued to power through the crowd that moved in the opposite direction to them.

Minho cursed at himself for making the situation worse.

"Nothing, Changbin, nothing. Just keep moving."

"But what's happen-"

"GOING INTO APOCALYPTIC MODE."