4

Present Day

"Who's she?" The doctor asked, jotting something I couldn't read into his notebook. I rolled my eyes and crossed my hand cuffed hands.

"Now that would ruin the story, now wouldn't it, doc?" I pouted, but smiling in the end. I usually didn't act so cocky with adults, but I was done with life right now. I had been through living hell this past week, and I wasn't going down without a fight. "Now, where were we?"

+++++++++

Six Days Before 3:57 am

"What time is it?" Mia asked as we all trudged down the hallway. We had long since left the little girl who claimed someone wanted us dead. As soon as she said that she literally flickered and disappeared. We decided that was enough for us to keep going. Instead of turning back, something I will never understand.

"Dunno, my phone is dead," I answered, not bothering to check my phone. It had been dead for about three hours, and Luke's was very close to dying. He unlocked his phone before quickly locking it again.

"It's almost four in the morning," he answered before turning silent again. I stared at him. He had always been the silent one of our group, but it was the comfortable kind. Now, you could tell that he was scared shitless. And I didn't blame him.

This whole situation was fucked up and unavoidable. Why Michael chose to come here of all places instead of doing a simple research projects I still coulnd't wrap my head around it. He had to be all impressive and put up this bad boy vibe for the rest of the group. And here he was, holding my hand tightly for comfort. I rolled my eyes as he jumped when we heard a mouse scatter by us.

"I hate you, Michael," Ashton said sincerly a few moments later. Michael sighed and hung his head.

"I know, I bet all of you hate me right now," he mumbled, looking at the ground. I exhaled deeply through my nose before giving his hand a reassuring squeeze. I didn't hate him. Even though I was beyond pissed that he chose an asylum and pressured all of us into coming here, I couldn't hate my best friend. "I'm sorry, guys. I didn't even think that demons and shit actually existed. I thought that all those movies that claimed to be based on true events were all fake. I guess not..."

"All the other groups didn't even think about insane asylums, probably because they knew somehing really bad would happen," Mia grumbled from beside me. I shot her a look to tell her to cool it and she rolled her eyes but stayed quiet.

"It's not your fault Michael," I whispered. "All of us have done some stupid shit."

He shot me a grateful look and we all fell in silence again. I was constanly looking aound, excepting something to pop out at us any minute. It had been to quiet and calm these past few hours, and I didn't like it.

"Come on, I see a room up ahead. Hopefully we can camp out in there," Calum said suddenly, shining his light ahead of us. I licked my lips and we all sped up our paces, eager to sit down and rest after walking for awhile. Even though we should've been don exploring this place, it seemed never ending and I knew that the things living ere were just messing with our minds at this point.

Calum was right: it was a safe place to stop and rest. It was a simple room with about a dozen small beds that weren't destryed like all the other ones we had seen so far. Dust filled the air and rested on the floor, muffling our footsteps slightly. No other furniture was present in the room, which unsettled me for a second.

"According to the sign outside th door, this used to be the mens dorms," Mia said, coming into the room last. "I think this is the mental pantient ward that we're in, I could be mistaken. I think I read a sign a little ways back."