14

If you like this story, you can help it grow by voting for each chapter. It would help a lot for this story to get noticed more and it would make me extremely happy. Hope you enjoy :)

++++++++

Reina POV

"And that's how we ended up here, doctor freak," I concluded sarcastically. The doctor very obviously rolled his eyes and grumbled something incoherent before shutting his notebook. "Now, am I allowed to go back to my holding cell, or are you not done torturing me?"

"We're not torturing you, Reina," doc snapped. I let out a humorless laugh and raised my eyebrows.

"Oh really?" I asked, amused. I leaned forward and pressed my hands against the cold, metal table. "You're forcing me to relive a horrific part of my life for nothing. You're forcing the walls I had built up to come back down. You have no idea what-,"

"Enough, Miss King," the doctor snapped again, this time his voice icy. I knew the whole warmth act he had put on before was faker than a Barbie doll. I stared at him blankly. "Our definitions of torturing must be different because asking for a confession isn't torturing."

"Confession for what? I haven't done anything!" I exclaimed, my voice raising easily. The guard shuffled to stand behind me, not touching me but making sure I was within reach.

"You and your friends broke into a public facility and vandalized it," the doctor explained smoothly, his voice now void of emotion. "Not to mention you murdered half of your friends-,"

"How dare you," I seethed, my voice now yelling at him. I found myself standing now, glaring furiously at the calm doctor. I felt a firm hand grab my shoulder and I flinched away from it. "Don't fucking touch me!"

"Calm down or else we will have to restrain you... Again," the doctor added, reaching for the walkie talkie that rested on the table. But I was way too pissed to take his advice.

"We didn't kill our friends," I screamed, blood boiling. "Those... Those things did, not us. I would never hurt any of them intentionally, especially Luke!"

"We have proof, Miss King," he said quietly. I rolled my eyes and laughed loudly.

"What proof? There were no video cameras in that fucking place."

"There were finger marks on Mr Hemmings neck, and they matched your hand size, Miss King," doctor what's his face informed me. I froze, my breathing erratic and my mouth opened. "We have suspicion that Mr Hood was hit on the head with something large, but no evidence yet."

"No," I finally muttered out. There was no way that we had killed Luke and Calum. Both Michael and I had been beside each other the entire time, no way that it could've been on of us. He had to have been fucking with me, trying to get a reaction out of me. "What about Ashton? How do you explain that?"

"Mr Irwin has not been found yet," doctor said hesitantly, eyes flickering to the window that I knew had other psychologists hiding on the other side. "We're done here, Miss King."

"What about Michael?"

I got my answer a millisecond later.

Are you fucking kidding me?" Someone yelled from the other side of the wall behind me. I turned around immediately, recognizing the distressed voice. "Mia was tortured, my best friend didn't get those injuries from fucking falling down the fucking stairs. How can you guys be so fucking stupid?!"

"We need backup," the staticky voice yelled from the walkie talkie in the doctors hands. Fear filled me when the body guard who was once focused on me rushed out of the room, hand already on the gun at his side.

"No, don't hurt him," I screamed, starting to rush forward. My hand caught the door before it closed and I heard the doctor yell behind me. I stumble into the brightly lit hallway, blinking twice before staggering towards the commotion next door.

Struggling could be heard clearly and I heard yells from my best friend, painting me further. "Michael!"

"Someone get her out of here!" A ladies voice cried. I tried to push past the guard who was blocking the entrance way, but I was pulled back by sturdy arms. I yelled for him to let go, kicked and bit his hands, but to no avail. "Give them both the medicine! Now!"

My mouth opened in a raged up protest as a female in all white clothes walked up to me, syringe in hand. "Don't you fucking dare. Stop-!"

The needle jabbed into my upper arm and I saw the clear liquid slow flow into my arm. The effects were immediate, and I fell limp in my captures arms. The last image was of my best friend on the floor of the room, syringe in his arm like me.

+++++++++

I hated dresses. I hated them with a burning passion. But not as much as I hated the judge that sat behind her perfect wooden desk thing. Her perfect hair was slicked back into a perfect bun, and the look on we face made her the perfect judge.

"Miss King, not only did you, Mr Clifford, and Miss Castillo break into a secured asylum, but there is evidence that you three murdered Ashton Irwin, Luke Hemmings, and Calum Hood, Judge Jude (really? Wanna be judge Judy over here) said with a scowl. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, the one thing I seemed to be able to do these past few days.

"Bullshit reasons," Michael mumbled beside me. I stomped on his dress shoes clad foot, and looked up in hope that Jude hadn't heard him. By the sour look on her face, she had.

"Mr Clifford, you will watch your tongue in my court," Judge Jude snapped in a sharp voice. From the look on his face, Michael could give less than a flying fuck. His pale green eyes were tired, dark bags under them. They contrasted horribly with his now abnormally paler than usual skin. He looked at me, gave me a small nod, and flicked his eyes back to the judge.

"Your honor?" He asked suddenly, standing up. Confusion spread through me as I watched him. Michael tugged at his suit jacket, then straightened his tie before speaking again. "May I speak?"

"You already are, so why not?" Jude said through gritted teeth. If I wasn't so nervous, I would've laughed. I smoothed out the front of my dark blue dress, tugging it down a tiny bit more.

Michael took a deep breath, sent a strangely apologetic look to me, then opened his mouth to speak. "I would like to plead insane."

Silence. I stared at him with my jaw dropped to the ground and eyes wide. Even Jude and the court seemed surprised with his statement.

"Michael," I whispered, tugging at his sleeve. "Stop being stupid. This is serious."

"I am serious, Reina," Michael said calmly, looking down at me briefly.

"Why, Mr Clifford?" Jude asked hesitantly. Michael smiled wickedly at her, reaching into his suits pocket.

He lifted something in the air, showing it to Jude and everyone else clearly. But being beside him, I couldn't quite make it what it was.

"Because they deemed me insane."

My blood ran cold and I scooted my chair away from him. He was holding the bracelet we had both received that one night in the asylum. And, to my horror, he was strapping it around his wrist.

+++++++++

A/N: Almost the ending. There's one more chapter left after this, and then we're done. Forever. And I'm sad...

As you can see, I was running out of ideas towards the end. There was simply nothing left I wanted to do with this story. Sorry it has such a bad ending so far :(

Question of the day: do you like camping? Or are you an indoorsy person?

Love ya lots, snowflakes!!!!!!!!!!! :) <3