5

Touch wasn't the word I would use. More like grab forcefully. I tried screaming but I felt like my throat refused to work at all. I hit Michaels arm repeatedly and he looked confused.

"What?" He hissed, green eyes wild and looking at me carefully. I pointed to my leg, which was hurting due to the grip of whatever had me. Nothing was there to look at, but you could clearly see an indent in my jeans. Before Michael could say anything, I jerked forward.

Now I could scream. I tried kicking at whatever was holding me, but I was moving too fast to concentrate on it properly. I flipped over so I was on my stomach and saw Michael and Luke running after me.

"Reina!" They kept yelling, trying to keep up.

"Luke! Help!" I screamed. I knew it was no use. This is how I would die. I kicked some more knowing it was useless. I didn't know how long this hallway was, but it seemed never ending as I was dragged down it. my stomach was starting to hurt because of the friction from of the rough concrete floor and I knew I would have a rash when this was all over. If this ever ended.

I clawed at the floor in front of me, trying to grasp for something that I could help stop me. I noticed Luke was gaining on us. Either I was slowing down or he was getting faster. My answer came when I stopped suddenly and was airs born the next second.

I didn't have time to process what was happening and scream before my back hit a wall and the breath was knocked out of me. I dropped to the floor, coughing and inhaling deeply.

"Is that noisy enough for you?" An amused woman's voice asked. I started hyperventilating. The voice wasn't whispering like it was earlier. it was echoing off my skull, roaring inside my head violently. As she started laughing, I clutched my head and curled into fetal position. I whimpered, wanting the laughter to stop.

"Reina!" A loud voice called above me and two hands grabbed my shoulders. I screamed and hit whatever had hold of me, eyes closed and head still pounding. "Reina, baby calm down. It's me. It's me."
The voice changed from the woman's horrible one to the sound of my boyfriends and I calmed down slightly. I was still breathing hard and my eyes were still closed tight. A hand brushed my hair out of my eyes and caressed my cheek.

"Shhh, don't cry, it's fine, you're alright," Luke soothed, bringing me closer to him. I grabbed a fist full of his shirt and buried my face in it. "It's fine, you're fine."

"What was that thing?" Michael asked, his voice shaking. I felt Luke shrug. "Did you see it? It appeared seconds before it threw her across the room."

"I saw it, I just don't know what it was," Luke said, trying to stay calm. "All that matters is that we're alright."

"I want to go back," I mumbled into him. I assumed he heard me, because I felt him nod again and raise us both up. My legs shook like they were chihuahuas, making me wobble as I walked. Luke finally decided just to carry me, because we were going slow and I flinched at every little sound.

"Where's the glow sticks?" Michael asked. I looked up from my resting position against Luke's shoulder and found we were in the place before I started getting dragged. I frowned, looking for the glow stick I had dropped moments before that thing came along.

"It should be here," I mumbled. I struggled against Luke to get down and he placed me gently on my feet. I slowly walked around, feeling with my feet to see if the glow stick had run out of juice. All I felt was a dead rat carcass and an old newspaper that was moldy and crumpled. "No, it has to be here. I dropped one."

"Maybe you forgot?" Michael suggested, but he saw me crack one.

"No," I insisted, looking around crazily. "Let's go on. I know I dropped one up ahead."