Chapter 13- A Little Lie Never Hurt Anybody

Should I call him? I mean what's the worst he can do?

Well..

But he has a fiancé! He seems to really love her. And what happened happened years ago. People change. I'm always open for giving second chances.

I was in Kat's apartment watching Queer Eye. What a bunch of queens. Kat was out shopping with Sam. Poor Sam always gets dragged into her shopping sprees. I looked around for the TV remote. Where the hell did I put it? I JUST had it! Soon I had thrown every cushion off the couch. Still no remote. "What the fu-" I began to say as I turned around. Are you kidding me?! There sat the remote, right in front of me on the coffee table. Wow.

I grabbed it and paused the TV. After I put all the cushions back on the couch, I sat down and unlocked my phone. I went to Alex's contact that I had made once I got home last night and Colby left. I hadn't called or texted him yet though. Before I could talk myself out of it again, I hit the call icon next to Alex's contact. Shit. I made the wrong decision. What am I doing?

As I was about to hang up I heard a man say "Hello?" from the phone. SHIT.

"Oh! Uh.. hi!" I manage to say. "Hi.. may I ask who this is?" I hear Alex say with a chuckle. "Oh my god! Sorry. This is Anna. You gave me your number yesterday at iHop."

"Oh! Hi! I thought for sure you were going to throw that napkin out!" He says. I laugh and say "honestly I thought I would too."

There was a moment of silence that felt like an eternity. "So! Uh.. do you want to go get a cup of coffee? Catch up?" Alex asked. At least it'll be somewhere public. Colby would be pissed if he found out.. well I guess he just can't find out then. "Sure." I say before I could think too much about it. "Great! I'll send you the location. Meet at around... 2:00?" He says. "Okay. Sounds good."

I hang up.

Oh god. Please don't let Colby find out about this...
-
(This is the outfit Anna is wearing:)

I was almost to the coffee shop, walking down the street, when I got a text from Colby

I lied. I hate this. So early in our relationship and I'm already having to lie. I can't think about it right now though.

I put my phone away in my back pocket and walk into the coffee shop.
I saw Alex sitting at a table towards the front of the coffee shop. Thank god this isn't a coffee place Colby goes to so I don't have to worry.

"Hey!" I say and sit down across him him. "Oh! Hey! I didn't see you walk in. How are you doing?" Alex says as he closes the laptop he was working on. "Good. How are you?" I say in response. "Great. Thanks for asking."
Then there was that awkward silence again.

I got up to go get my coffee and sat back down. Neither of us spoke. Finally, to clear the silence, I cleared my throat and said "so! What was that you were working on on your laptop?" He looked up, seeming relieved that I finally broke the silence. "Oh! Just some schoolwork. After high school I didn't go to college right away.. after everything that happened i just felt.. lost I guess? But last year I had a revelation and finally got out of my funk. I started to take some online courses and finally got a job. That's where I met Sarah, my fiancé." He explained. "Wow! I'm happy for you. I really am." See? He's changed. And we did have some good times back then and honestly I've kinda missed him. As crazy as that sounds..

"So how about you? What have you been doing?" He asked and smiled, sipping his coffee. "Well I moved to LA in hopes to be someone in the entertainment business.. I moved in with Kat.. you know Katrina Stuart from back home?"

"Oh yeah! I remember.."

"Yep! And then through her group of friends I met Colby. Who I was with yesterday. He taught me how to become a YouTuber.. if you know that that is.." I say, blushing. "Oh yeah.. like.. um.. who's that one guy.. oh! Shane Dawson!" I laugh and smile. "Yeah!"

"So does that mean Colby's a YouTuber too?"

"Yeah. Basically his whole group of friends are either a YouTubers or in the music industry... or both."

"That sounds cool." He says and smiles. "Yeah, I guess" I say with a chuckle.

We talked for a whole other hour. Mostly more catching up and some reminiscing. It was honestly great.

I looked at the time on my watch. 4:00. I should get back to the apartment. Kat said she would be home by 4.

"This was great, Alex, but I have to go. Kat should be back soon." I explained. "Okay. It was great seeing you. We should do this again sometime." He said as he stood up to give me a hug. I accepted the hug and said "yeah. Totally."

"That WAS great." I thought as I left the coffee shop. But then the guilt set in. I felt so bad lying to Colby like that. And I'll probably have to do it again if I want to keep being friends with Alex. But a little lie never hurt anybody?

Right?

Wrong.

Hey guys! Here's the new chapter I've been promising. It's going to get crazier and crazier from here. Please vote and/or comment! I'd love to hear some feedback! 😊💞 Love y'all!