Chapter 21- Judy

Anna's POV:

"Hey" said none other than Alex Winfield as he sat down at the booth across from me.

"Alex?! God this makes so much sense... wait. Did you send that girl after us at the party??!!!" I said, getting angrier and angrier. "I.... might have" he said with a smirk. "Why the f-" I stopped myself and took a deep breath. After all, we were in public. "Why? I thought we ended on a good note.."

Alex started to chuckle. "Wow. You really are stupid aren't you? That "fiancé" I had with me here? That was the girl I sent after you at the party. Took her here to show who to look for at the party. Except I had her dye her hair purple so you would recognize her. You think I just so easily got over what you did to me? You ruined my life! After you turned me in I got arrested and put in prison for THREE YEARS!"

What?! I was shocked. I hadn't really heard what had happened to him. I was 16, so my parents got most of the details. I had just assumed he got help or something. He was 18 by then so I guess it makes sense that he didn't go to juvie.

"What? I didn't know. But to be fair, you STALKED ME. And sent me death threats!" At this point I was almost is tears. "Oh yeah? Well after jail I couldn't even find a f**king job because employers have access to a little thing called criminal records! Yeah! So I was homeless for a whole year after that! And you know what I spent that year doing? Planning how I was going to get you back. I found out that you were stupid enough to not file a restraining order on me, and it took a while but I finally found enough information on you to know that you just moved to LA. And then I saw that you were in some YouTuber's videos so that made it a whole lot easier to find you."

I was terrified. What was he going to do next? Forget about the picture at this point, I was sacred for my life! "Wha-what are you going to do.." I said as my voice shook.

Under the table I quickly used a pen that I had in my pocket to write something on the seat of the booth. Luckily, he didn't notice. "I'll tell you what. First, you're going to quietly get up from this booth and walk with me to my car. Then, you'll get in and ride silently to where I'm going to take you. If I hear so much as a peep come out of you.. you don't want to know what will happen."

My heart was beating faster than it ever had before. I felt like puking. But I didn't want to know what would happen if I didn't follow his orders. So, I slowly got up and followed him to his car. Before I walked out the door I mouthed to the waitress "look on the booth". She looked worried and nodded.

I was in for trouble.

Waitress's (Judy's) POV:
(Just for visual reference, the waitress is in her mid to late 40s. Definitely the mom-type.)

I didn't know what was happening to that poor thing, but I could see the fear in her eyes. So just as she left I rushed over to the table and looked at the booth she was sitting at. Scribbled on the seat was "Call Colby" and what I was assuming was his number under it. I quickly dialed the number into my phone and hit call.

Colby's POV:

I was sitting on my couch in my apartment listening to music (mostly sad songs) and thinking about Anna when all of a sudden I got a call from a random number. Something inside me told me I should pick it up, so I did. Hey, I had nothing better to do anyways. Anything to keep my mind off her. "Hello?"

"Hi! Umm.. Colby, is it?"

"Yeah..."

"Thank goodness! Hello. I'm Judy. I work at IHOP. Do you by any chance know I girl with the name of... Anna! Yes, that's it."

"Um.. yeah.. why?" Seriously? This was supposed to make me NOT think of her. Then something dawned on me. "Is she alright?" I say, realizing this might be really serious.

"Well, you see.. I don't quite know that answer. But I don't think so. She was here and told me to watch her. I didn't know exactly why but, of course, I agreed. Then this guy came in and they had what looked like a heated conversation.."

"Woah woah woah. Wait. What did this guy look like?"

"Um... brown hair.. a little homely looking. He had some stubble.."

I'm going to kill him.
"Alex?!"

"Sure. But then it got kind of quiet and they walked to his car. Which is weird because they didn't come here in the same car. And she told me to look at the booth and that's when I saw this number written on it."

"F**k. Do you have any idea where they went? Any more details?" I say, getting more and more anxious.

"No. They left quickly."

"Okay.. okay. Call the cops. Give them as much information as possible. Tell them it's serious and that the guy's name is Alex Winfield."

"Okay. Sure thing, hun."

"Okay. I'm going to come over there and talk to them, seeing as they'll probably send people to the diner."

"Okay."

We said our goodbyes and then I quickly grabbed my keys and ran out my door. I went so quickly that I even forgot to put on a shirt. All I was wearing was my jeans and my Nike slides that I just slipped on. But I didn't care.

Anna was in danger, and, now, so was Alex.

———

Ooooo!! Shit's going downnnnnn! Who expected this (Besides me lol)? I hope you enjoyed this chapter! There's much more to come :)

Love y'all! 💕💕