Ryn (Chapter 1)

I blinked a few times, my blurry vision barely making out the objects around me. The curtains were left open and the sun was bursting in through the window, draping over my body with the bright light. I yawned, using my weak morning muscles to stand up. Sitting there for a few seconds, I rubbed my eyes in attempt to clear my sight. I picked my head up again, facing the sun beams once more, this time able to fight it's painful rays.
        With one more yawn, I was up and preparing for the activities I have planned for today. Quickly, I tossed my clothing to the floor and undid the ponytail I had so carelessly left in from the night before. I turned on the water, the steam welcoming my naked body to the small space. My shower was soothing, however it wasn't too long before I was cleaned. My plans were my motivation, and I slid out of the bathroom with only a towel on. My dripping, wet hair had been captured by another towel, placed on my head.
        After dressing my self in an appropriate outfit, I ventured to my mirror where I messed around with my hair, deciding to leave it down. When I was satisfied with my appearance, I grabbed my bag and headed out, onto the streets of London. I hadn't been here long, since I only arrived here 2 nights before. I didn't really know my way around the large city, but thankfully, London was filled with nice, helpful people. 
        My first stop was headed to a little bakery not too far from my little apartment. To my knowledge, it was called 'The Frosting Frenzy', one of the sweet shops that was talked about a lot. I wanted to have a quick bite before heading to a local park, which had a incredible view of the city buildings. I know what you're probably thinking, why waste my first days in London in a park? Well, for me, the answer is simple. 
        Ever since I planned my trip here, I always wanted to draw the beautiful scenery and landmarks of the city. I am an artist, caught up in the world of both photography and pencil work. I decided to do both today, since I most likely wouldn't be visiting that spot for a while if ever. I own a small online blog, where I post my art, and even sell it. There are quite a few people who enjoy what I have to offer, encouraging me to keep going with my passion.
        I soon found myself at the sweet shop, the scent of frosting and cake batter filling my nose. A smile slipped onto my face as I walked in, the tables and chairs aligned in a neat little set up. The wall decorations complimented the colors of the walls perfectly, allowing a very bubbly feeling to erupt. The glass cases held the perfectly made treats, all lined up exactly right. It was all I imagined and more. 
        When I found myself at the counter, loosing myself in the variety of cupcakes and pastries, a woman, no younger than myself approached the counter. "Can I get you something?" She questioned, her friendly tone making me comfortable. I gave her a small smile, pointing down to what I was about to speak of.
        "Yes, can I get vanilla cake pop? One with the pink icing?" I looked back up, my (E/C) eyes meeting her icy blue ones. Something about her wanted me to keep myself around; talk to her.
        "You sure can." She slid open the glass case gingerly, her hand extended out to grab the cake pop of my choice. Sliding the case closed first, she handed me the treat and we both stood there awkwardly. "Is there something else you needed?" She asked, confused.
        "Don't I have to pay?" Her giggle confused me even more. 
        "You're not from around here," She began, flashing a shiny smile, "in my shop, along with many shops in London, you eat first before paying." I chuckled, realizing that I looked like a complete idiot at this point. "If you want to pay now, you can." I simply nodded, pulling out my wallet. "2 pounds." I looked to her, than my 'pounds'. She easily could tell I needed help.
        Picking out the appropriate amount from my wallet, she paid for the cake pop. After that, she lead me in the direction of a seat on my counter, standing across from my chair. Something had been pricking at me ever since I noticed her diction. "You're not from here either, are you?" She looked at me attentively. 
        "How'd you suppose?" She perked up, her cheeks tinted pink as her double decker bus red hair drifted down her shoulders.
        "You didn't really use any English diction when talking to me." I spoke, my eyes on her the entire time. "There's also something else about you I can't really put my tongue on." She smirked, leaning back on the pinkish counter.
        "You got me," She giggled, "I'm not from the UK. I'm from the US." I smiled, undoing the wrapper on my cake pop before gingerly taking a bite. "So what's your name, tourist?" 
        "(Y/N)." I answered, my mouth half full of cake. She nodded, hearing the little bell from the door, telling her that new costumers have arrived.
        "Name's Ryn, nice to meet you, (Y/N). One moment." She walked off, greeting the people who just walked in. I couldn't help but have my thoughts drift off.
        'How cool is it that I met an American woman who most likely shared the same confusion as I am. I mean, it's not like this is going to happen everyday.' My thoughts pounced on the obvious, Ryn. Maybe she could help me out with directions and such, might as well give it a try.
        I waited for her to come back, as she did. "Hey, Ryn." I placed my empty wrapper on the counter, her taking it. "Do you think you could help me out?" She was about to answer when the bell on the door rung again. 
        "I'm sorry, I have to take this again." I nodded, understanding. As she served her costumers, my mind lingered. "I'm back for now." She jumped back to the place in front of me, across the counter. "What was that you were saying?"
        "I was just wondering if maybe you'll help me out. Obviously, I don't know much about London and-" She cut me off eager to assist me.
        "Sure! Anything, what do you need to know?" I chuckled gladly, I really wasn't sure if she'd be up to the challenge.
        "Well, I'm going to be here for four months, so I am going to need quite a bit. First, any places with job openings?" I was somewhat surprised when she came up with a simple conclusion.
        "There's a few places that do have openings- but they're hard work." She paused for a moment before speaking again. "However, I need some help out here. My assistant worker is on vacation, so, I really don't have enough hands around here." The door rung again. "You think about it, and I'll be right back." I nodded, intrigued by the opportunity.