Sleepover at the Sheriff's Department

A huff was all the lioness could give when her puff of pink hair wouldn't slick back after her bath like normal. Grumbling to herself she chalked it up to this dingy peasant water all the way out here in the sheriff's house. 

"Mountain spring, pff, more like mountain flat," Zu grumbled to herself as she toiled with her pomp. Only to give up as she came into the living quarters of the sheriff's department home base. 
She plucked a sleeping Adorabat from her draped place on the couch.

Just in time for Badgerclops to have made his way into get the little tike, "Aww she's all pooped out from her first sleepover."

"I'd love the extra company but-" Zu passed Adorabat into Badgerclop's waiting arms, "But this couch is a single serve, if you catch my drift."

"Hehe hey man I offered you the bottom bunk," Badgerclops reasoned as he was careful not to wake Adorabat, "Besides, you have an entire castle, why come here to see Mao when you could just have five hundred couches." 

Chuckling to herself Zu grabbed a couch pillow and began fluffing it, "Well Badgerclops if you must know Mao doesn't-"

"What are you still doing up?! And what is she still doing up?!" Mao came in trailing Zu and expounded on why Badgerclops was still even out there talking to the princess and why Adorabat wasn't already in bed.

"Chill man we're going we're going," Badgerclops raised his robotic arm to silence his best friend's ranting. 

"Keep it up, and Adorabat is gonna wake up and want back on this couch with me," Zu interjected under her breath with a chortle. 
"Nice," Badgerclops fist bumped her. Grinning at Mao getting steamed over nothing. 

It was late and waking Adorabat wouldn't be fair of all things. So Badgerclops saved his toying with Mao for another day and left the two cats alone. 

Polar opposites of the couch. Mao sunk into his every day seat while Zu mindlessly took up the big indent of Badgerclops seat on the far end. While her real eyes we glued to the flicker of the TV screen. Mao was enticed to keep his green eyes on her the moment the rest of them disappeared for bed time. 

"...so, you just gonna stare at me all evening?" Zu didn't even need to look over at him to know that's exactly what the sheriff was doing. 

"I uh- well I um- you see I just-"

"C'mon," Zu turned her attention to him and gave him a cheeky smile, "I even saw Badgerclop's ring ringworm shampoo and your dirty capes, I think it's alright."
Mao watched her. Almost skeptical for a jest or a joke to be thrown his way. Their verbal sparring taking a backseat. Leaving him to wonder if she was tired. Or genuinely meant it. 

"Thank you- Ahem-" Mao cleared his throat to regain his composure, "Thank you again, for coming over. It really means a lot to me and well, them too." 

She knew it was Mao's best version of 'bringing her home to meet the family'. Though she no better with the countless times she inflicted the black cat with her obtuse brother every time they slept over at the castle. In reality she liked this more. The slow pace. The intimacy of something smaller than a multi faceted castle. For a first time away from home, this was nice. 

"You know sheriff," Zu leaned herself into the back of the couch with her arm propping her up, "You can go to bed. I bet you there aren't any scary monsters under this couch."

"Unless you count Badgerclops chewed crumb collection," Mao snorted, "That thing might be sentient by now with all his DNA." 

"That's disgusting!" Zu replied enthusiastically repulsed. 

"You are sitting in the scene of the crime you know," Mao pointed at her bottom fastened to Badgerclops place on the couch.

Though not particularly worried and more grossed out. She still moved with a lopsided grin to the middle of the couch. Adorabat's spot this time. 

Hardly broken in. From a light weight bum or from her constantly just hovering. The pink lioness was high centered now on another seat that just didn't sit right. 

"Jeesh your couch contains more of each of your guys personalities than any of you do," She remarked. Having to move this way and that on the hump of the couch. 

"Careful there goldilocks, you've tried two spots alright, heres to hoping the third ones just right," Mao moved aside on his end of the couch. Making way for a tight squeeze but another spot on his side nonetheless.

"A badger and a bat in all the land did she not find a place that was just right," She retorted with a flick of her tail. The pink stuff flicking Mao's nose just to encourage the red in his face when she giggled at him, "All the queens land and still, one last spot to try."

The gentleman thing to do, Mao got up and offered her his seat. Slowly she scooted her way to the finale end of the couch. This time it wasn't too hard. But wasn't too soft. Just right the pink cat sunk into her newest seat before looking up at the sheriff, "It's good, but I wouldn't call it great yet."

"God royalty is really that picky," Mao began without thought, "Where am I gonna get s new couch at midnight on a Sunday that's just-"

"Mao, I mean the company," Zu stopped his morale rant before it got too huge. Her tail wrapped around his ankle she looked up at him and smiled while padding the cushion next to her, "You already know I bite, so sit with me." 

Embarrassed by it. Mao glanced back towards the single bedroom door. Like at any moment he entirely expected Adorabat to come careening off the walls. Or Badgerclops ruining a perfectly good moment with talk of food. Seconds ticked by and no one looked like they were gonna show their mug. So Mao did the unthinkable. 

He took his seat beside the Pure Heart Queen. Even held his breath until his bottom made contact and he really did realize he was sitting next to her. Almost exploding it took Mao incredible strength not to bounce off the couch and scatter. 

"Hey does that cape work as a blanket?" Zu pointed at the wad of red material bunched up between them. 

"Huh uh yeah no I can just-" He fiddled a moment and then got the body of the cape draped over most of both their legs. It swallowed Mao up entirely on a good day. So getting her slightly longer legs in wasn't a problem at all. Then he looked over to find her just as red in the face as he was, "Better?"

"Almost," Zu made it sound like something else was off. When he expected her to get up, she in fact just readjusted her tail and drapes it over his lap. A cat's most prized possession. And one he coveted so much after loosig hos own. Mao got the queen of Pure Heart Valley's tail just casually dropped on him like it was no big deal. 

Quarter of the way there of freaking out, Mao seriously just saw her watching TV like nothing was different. So he tied to do the same. Ignoring the tail even though he wanted to feel the silky cream colored fur between his gloves. Or twirl her tuff of pink at the tip of her tail. Mao resisted. Only to find himself leaning into her side. 

Breath held for a second he worried this was too much. Until she yawned loudly with her arms above his head just to relax into draping her arm over the back of the couch and him. Mao was in heaven he was sure of it.

Testing the fates he rested his head against her side. Tense at first. Then when she didn't move he relaxed into the position. Until finally he was slumped into her. Eyes half such. With his gloves fully off and he was padding the softest part of her thigh. 

Not saying anything against the closeness. And welcoming the warmth of a second body. Zu snuggled down even closer and with her arm around him going her index and thumb rolling the soft black fur of his ear between her touch. Gentle enough to keep at it she thought a moment if playing with his ear was what was causing the purring. Until she realized half asleep and rubbing his ear that she was purring just as contentedly.

Giving into the foolishnes. Zu shut her eyes and nestled down for the long haul. Mao mostly asleep padding her side. With her eyes quickly on the way to join him. Zu rhythmically rolled his big radar ear between her ginger touch all the way through falling asleep with the sheriff on the goldilocks chair. Turns out just right was only on the other side of the couch.