Small

Chopping away at the big bowl of pretzels resting snuggly on Badgerclops's belly, Zu hovered over the couch about to pop off and say something about the lazy day the sheriff department was seeming to have. Words interrupted by the shrill ring echoing from their office space. Badgerclops and Adorabat jumped to the ready. Zu frowned seeing her snack of choice on the ground, "My pretzels...."

"The monster alarm!" Adorabat shrieked.

Picking up her sullied food Zu's ear twitched with the second ring, "Uh that's not what my brother's stupid monster alarm sounds like. Badgerclops, man you through them everywhere how am I supposed to eat your guys's food now." She started on picking the pieces up just to shove one into her cheeks after another.

"Wait we have two monster alarms?" Adorabat's little face scrunched up when she looked over at her Kingdom's royalty confused.

Realizing the snack bowl was ruined for nothing, Badgerclops grumbled as he bent down to fish up what could be salvaged to eat with Zu, "No dude that sounds like the pho-"

"Ahaha! No worries it's just our home phone is all! Haha!" Mao laughing far louder than he should have, moved from the couch towards the office space quickly, "I'll just- I'll go get that! Ha yes I will get our home phone!"

Curious, the three left on the couch exchanged a look, then promptly darted to the door way to eavesdrop on the out of characteristic sheriff. Staring hard they strained to hear Mao mumble about something along the lines of, mom, visit and father, into the receiver. Zu even looked over to Badgerclops with confusion. Of course the co deputy just shrugged confused about Mao's never mentioned family before.

"-this is so sudden, alright, yeah, uh huh, you too." Mao's mumbled into the receiver ended with a weird mix that clarified nothing.

The moment the phone clicked back in it's holder, Zu approached with Badgerclops and Adorabat behind her, "Mao...so that was about...?"

"Oh uh-" Mao stopped with a fumble, "It's just that- Well, my father he's-"

"Dead!" Adorabat shrieked from Badgerclops's shoulder.

Mao furrowed his brows, "No, worse." The sheriff swelled his breast with a deep breath and turned to face his friends, "He's, coming to visit."

"That's it?" Zu popped off snarky this was what he was making an issue of. She first looked to Badgerclops and Adorabat then over at Mao, "Your mom warns you when your dad is going to-"

Thwack!

If the harsh rack against the front door wasn't enough to get everyone to jump. The booming voice from behind it surely got everyone in for a surprise, "You in there son! In this uh- dinky little thing- well are you just in there or not?!"

"What was that?!" Badgerclops grabbed Adorabat either in self preservation or her defense, "Is it a daddy?? I hope not daddies freak me out!"

"Daddies? Seriously?" Zu tilted her head at the metal armed idiot. Since no one was making to go to the door at any speed, she motioned to open it when a giant golden fist broke through the slats of the door. Yelping and jumping back to land like a cat on her feet. The Snugglemane princess glared at the door hands on the hilt of her dagger ready to attack.

"Oh ha, well, they don't seem to make doors like they use to-" From the golden fist, in stepped a stature of a being three times the height of even Badgerclops in his hay day. Everyone's jaw dropping save for Mao. The rest of them tilted their heads back to finally at least see the all black cat piloting such a monstrosity into HQ.