| XVIII | Talks, Apologies, and Disguises

*No POV*

     "For a second, I was really worried Chen would kick me out," Lloyd confessed, laughing a bit. "I'm glad he didn't."

     "Me too." Scarlett smiled, sighing happily. "But you know what else I'm happy about? You guys and the others getting along—even though I had the idea first, but it's whatever."

     "Yeah, yeah, we should've listened to you," Jay waved her off. "Lloyd's dad thought you were right the whole time—we just refused to listen."

     The four remaining ninja sat in Kai's room, Scarlett and Jay sitting on the bed while Lloyd took the chair next to the bed, leaving the fire ninja on the floor, much to his protests.

     "Which, we now know, was a mistake," Kai agreed with a nod. "Maybe you don't have bad taste in friends after all, Scar."

     She turned to him, playfully rolling her eyes. "I know I don't. I'm friends with you guys after all, right?"

     Jay slammed a pillow in her face, making her laugh. She shook her head and said, "Bully. Anyway, I'm glad it's finally someone else's room we have these lovely family meetings in. Sneaking into mine is so yesterday."

     "Kind of last minute, but whatever." Kai shrugged, leaning on his bed frame. "Besides, my room's obviously the best one—but I'm still offended you guys get the bed and chairs."

     "You know, I just wish Cole was here with us... and Zane." Lloyd ignored his complaining, sighing a bit.

     "Oh, go ahead and fucking ignore me—"

     Scarlett then cut him off too. "They will be eventually." She scooted over to the edge of the bed, leaning over and putting a hand on the green ninja's shoulder. "We'll be stronger than ever when we reunite."

     He smiled at her, nodding. "Right."

     "Aw, you guys are adorable. Lloyd, switch with me." Jay grinned.

     "Uh, I'm good..."

     "You guys are terrible," Kai spoke up, still pretending to be offended by them ignoring his complaints. "I'm kicking you out."

     "So soon? I thought we were celebrating Lloyd's victory and our secret alliance," Jay huffed.

     Scarlett now frowned a bit, looking down. Yeah, at the expense of Camille... but he needed to win. If he lost...

     Lloyd looked over to her, seeing her sudden expression change. He had a slight idea why but said nothing about it for a bit.

     Instead, Kai was the one to pull her out of her senses. "Keep your chin up, Scar. I know it's tough losing a friend... but she's not gone. Just away from the rest of us."

     "But her powers, along with Ash's... they're gone." She looked up at the three boys, shaking her head. "No, you're right. As soon as I saw Lloyd and Camille on the track, I knew who had to win. It just kinda sucks, you know?"

     "I hear you... we're all torn after losing Zane, we might make different decisions. But I'm glad you stuck with me—all of you." Lloyd smiled at his team.

     "I wouldn't have picked anyone else," Kai said.

     "Me neither," Jay agreed.

     Scarlett took the blond's hand in hers, smiling up at him. "No matter who I'm friends with... no one will ever replace you guys. I would've chosen this team just the same if it was Jay or even Kai."