Chapter 6

I wake up the next morning before sunrise and I head downstairs to eat breakfast. A note on the table says that my parents and my brother had to go out together. I sigh. Nobody can take me to school today. I think for a minute. I'll ask Jungkook to take me.

I call Jungkook and he picks up. His voice sounds like I just woke him up but it's still a gorgeous deep tone that makes me shiver.
"Hey Skye. What's up?" He asks, beginning to sound worried.
"Nothing, just that I don't have anyone to take me to school. Can you?" I hear Jungkook calling to his mom.
"Ah, sorry I can't." He says, disappointed.
"No, no, it's ok. I'll ask Jimin." I say. We talk a little more before I hang up and call Jimin.

"Oh hi, Skylar." He says in his cheerful voice but I can hear that his chest is heaving from yesterday.
"I don't have anyone to take me to school today, my family went out. By any chance could you?" I ask. Without missing a beat, Jimin agrees.
"Yeah, of course. I'll be outside in 15." He hangs up and I get changed.

15 minutes later, Jimin is outside. In his own car, I realize. When he rings my doorbell he gives me a bouquet of flowers and I laugh at his kind gesture.
"We're not going on a date!" I say jokingly. Jimin stares into my eyes.
"Maybe one day we will." He says, completely serious, and I blush. Seeing me blush makes him happy. I go put the flowers in a vase and head out.

When we get to school, we meet Jungkook at the entrance. He looks happy to see us.
"Skylar, I'm so sorry I couldn't take you. I promise it won't happen again." He bows his head. Jimin looks taken aback.
"You asked him first?" He says, giving Jungkook a dirty look.

I glare at Jimin, but he doesn't see. His fists are balled up, ready to punch Jungkook. Not again. He pulls his arm back and I jump in front of Jungkook, but it's too late. He punches and his fist hits my collarbone. I'm shot backwards, towards Jungkook, and he catches me once again.

I'm in shock. It didn't hurt but I can feel a fracture. Jimin looks like he just saw a ghost and Jungkook is yelling for help. I look down and see the edge of my collarbone sticking out, and blood is trickling down my chest. Jimin collapses to his knees and holds my body in his arms, apologizing over and over.

"Skylar... I'm so so sorry. I never meant for you to get hurt. You mean so much to me. I- I'm sorry." He starts to sob again and watching him cry is more painful than the wound so I pull him close to me using my good arm and hug him.

"It's ok. I know you didn't mean it. I just hate it when you guys fight." I say, and tears start falling out. I ask Jimin to help me up and I ask for his tie. He takes it off without a second thought and helps me make a sling around my arm.

When the paramedics ask me if they should call my parents I shake my head and silently get into the ambulance. I ask Jimin and Jungkook to come with me, and they climb in after me.