Chapter 6 - Battle Trial Pt. 1

Yumi

The light seemed to shine down on Lemillion as he welcomed us to our lesson with a broad smile. I frantically grabbed Saika and shook her excitedly, pointing at the hero in front of us in such a way that my behaviour would've probably been mistaken for a five-year-old.

"Saika! Saika! It's Lemillion! It's actually him! He's my favourite hero!" I whispered - or at least I thought I did, because my voice must've been louder than I thought to have gained the concerned stares from a few of my classmates nearby. Saika stifled her laughter as she faced me, her currently exhilarated best friend with sparkling eyes that would've rivalled the golden-blonde ringlet girl's own.

"Favourite hero? You have like, a gazillion favourite heroes," she raised her eyebrow at me, smiling in amusement. I responded to Saika's smug face with a look of irritation. "That's not true..." I mumbled, not meeting her overly-annoying face. I paused.

"...Okay maybe that's true..." I mumbled. "But mum and dad are still my absolute favourite heroes," I smiled softly. Saika looked at me as if I was an adorable puppy, right before her face changed as she came to a realisation.

"Wait a sec, I thought Lemillion lost his quirk?"

My jaw hit the ground as I stared at Saika and her oblivious face. "Have you really not heard of how he got his quirk back?"

"Wait really? When?" she blinked, confused. I tutted at her.

"I can't believe you didn't know! I'm sure I've told you before. Principal Eri used her quirk to restore Lemillion's, to put it simply. See, this is proof you should watch the news and not spend your time–"

Saika immediately got defensive. "Hey, I DO keep up with the news, just not to the extent you do," she grumbled.

"Well, it's proof you don't listen to me either, because I've definitely told you a thousand times," I grumbled back.

"Ahem!"

Saika and I both flinched at the voice that we heard behind us, loud and clear, a voice filled with authority and matureness.

"You two have to listen! Our teacher is answering questions right now, and it is extremely disrespectful to be talking while he is!" Teijo scolded. Saika instantly relaxed her shoulders, knowing that it was just Teijo. His constant nagging of our behaviour and conduct had become so common for Saika that she had learned to tune him out and simply not care - not that she ever did. But he did have a point, so the two of us ended our conversation and listened to the questions Lemillion was answering for us.

"So, what are we doing today?" a small girl to my left asked, raising her hand as she looked at our teacher with curiosity in her round blue eyes.

Lemillion, still looking as bright and energized as ever, gave her a warm smile, which was impressive to me as Teijo had informed us later on of the barrage of questions he had gotten before he could even speak. If it had been me, my social energy would've probably been drained right after a few questions.

"I'm glad you asked that, because it's time I explain what we're doing!" Lemillion beamed at the class, some of their expressions dull and confused at Lemillion's utmost enthusiasm. Lemillion's cheerful grin only grew wider.

"It's gonna be...explosive!" Lemillion gave us a smirk, rays of sunshine radiating behind him in a comedic fashion.

The whole class stared at him silently. Satoshi face-palmed, sighing as a few of our classmates glanced over at him, Eitaro stifling his laughter. Some were internally judging Lemillion, while a few of my bolder classmates shaking their heads, only to be noisily reprimanded by Teijo, who had thankfully broken the ice.