Chapter 4 - Taking the First Step (Pt. 2)

Saika

---

People around me were all running off in different directions. I assumed that people with weaker Quirks were running off to hide in the many buildings, so that was my next stop.

I had managed to acquire a decent amount of points, but I wasn't sure if it was enough for me to pass. So finding other examinees hiding seemed like a reasonable thing to do. At least, this would be my plan until the special target showed up. That would be my ultimate goal.

I felt a strong gust of wind blow my hair into my face as a figure ran past me. I stumbled over and glared at the blur that was now far away.

"Really, Teijo?!" I groaned, storming off to the nearest building.

All the buildings looked beaten down with most of the windows shattered. Paint was peeling off the sides and they had a creepy abandoned feeling to them. I stared up at the worn-down shelter that loomed over me, scanning it to see if I could make out any signs of life.

I was about to set foot in the building when I heard a loud bang, followed by the sound of buildings collapsing.

A huge wave of dust flew my way as small pieces of rubble scattered everywhere. I shielded my face with my arm, immediately running over towards the commotion.

If I could take down whoever's Quirk was strong enough to do that, maybe I could prove that I'm worth being labelled as the daughter of pro heroes Shoto and Creati.

The destruction took place further away than I thought as I continued to run. I was suddenly greeted by my friend who was running alongside me.

The dark indigo-haired male chopped his arm as he spoke. "Saika! Good, you're here! We have to apprehend this villain at once!"

"Um, they're not a villain...but I get what you mean. Whoever's doing this is really out of hand. Why haven't the pros stopped them yet?"

Teijo pushed up his glasses, all the while running. "I have no clue. But if the teachers haven't put a stop to them, then we shall make it our duty to do it for them!"

I nodded in agreement as we turned the corner to see most of the area destroyed. The buildings were crumbled; rubble lined the streets and dust filled the air. A few other students stood around the scene, staring up in shock and horror.

My gaze then connected with a familiar brunette - Kousuke.

His blank expression from earlier had completely changed. He looked distressed, to say the least, his face mirroring the expression of the students around him.

In the midst of dust and rubble stood a male. The man looked disgruntled, angry, upset, enraged. Whatever he was feeling sure wasn't how a hero should act.

Some people attempted to fight back, but the guy easily dodged all of their attacks, proving them to be futile. His taunting smile was able to make the examinees more frustrated and upset, but that didn't do them any good. The guy was just too fast.

He also looked too old to be an examinee. He had to be at least twenty years old. But his age wasn't the problem. I was more concerned about why the pro heroes had yet to act upon this. Weren't they supposed to be watching us? They surely had to have seen the commotion.

"I reckon he tampered with the cameras."

I jumped at the sudden voice next to me. I turned to see Kousuke standing there.

"Oh my-...! When did you get there?! Is your Quirk teleportation or something?"

He looked puzzled. "No. Why would you think that? I just walked over here."