16: Plea

Aisha forcibly closed her eyes as she swallowed the last drop of liquor from her glass. Naubos na niya ang isang bote. She gritted her teeth as she tried to forget everything that happened earlier. Pero parang eksena sa pelikula na paulit-ulit na nagpi-play sa utak niya. Worst, the only scene that keeps popping was how Ayder kissed her hard and how she responded.

Her mind was telling her to go straight to the police station, but her feet lead her to this hotel room drowning herself in alcohol. Paulit-ulit na bumabalik sa utak niya ang lahat ng kabutihang ipinakita ni Ayder na siyang dahilan kung bakit tuluyan siyang nahulog rito.

It was her first time to fall in-love. Gusto niyang burahin ang nararamdaman para sa binata at palitan ng galit pero pakiramdam niya ay pinipiga ang puso niya.

Now, she understood that her anger wasn't because Ayder wronged her, but because the person she fell in-love with didn't turn out whom she expected to be. Ang matindi, kung hindi lang siya binigla nito, baka pumayag siyang makipagtalik rito. If he would have stopped and slowed down a bit when she said so, she might've let him take her even if he's rough.

She stared at her phone when it started ringing. Hindi niya alam kung ano ang dapat maramdaman nang makita ang pangalan ni Ayder. Her heart ached as she wiped another tear.

Inabot niya ang phone at agad na ini-off. She took her other phone and called up her sister.

"Aira," she murmured when the call was received. Mas lalong sumikip ang dibdib niya pagkabanggit sa pangalan ng kapatid. She felt like she neglected her situation because of Ayder.

"How are you?" tanong niya rito.

"Okay naman ate, ikaw?" balik-tanong nito. Her voice was liveliier than the last time they spoke.

"I'm okay," she answered inhaling deeply. Her heart felt otherwise.

"Mom and I are planning to go on a trip to Thailand before coming home, gusto mong sumama?" tanong nito. She sounded enthusiastic and she was glad to hear the bubbly sister she always had.

"Of course, I want to. Kailan ba 'yan?" pinilit niyang pasayahin ang boses.

"Two weeks from now perhaps."

"That would be good. I'm going to make reservations," saad niya sa kapatid. Perhaps, she also need that trip to breathe and be with her family.

"Ako na, ate. Alam kong busy ka sa business natin. Baka nga stressed ka na. I know you never liked to manage our car shops." Aira chuckled softly. Napangiti siya dahil parang nagbalik na talaga sa tamang disposisyon ang kapatid niya.

"Great. Thanks," she muttered trying to sound as energetic as she can.

"Wala iyon ate. Ikaw pa?" natatawa naman nitong tugon. Napangiti siya sa tinuran ng kapatid pero may bahid ng pait ang puso niya.

She inhaled deeply and weighed things out before collecting the words on her mind.

"So, how are you really?" Aisha started. She cleared her throat before continuing.

"I mean, is it okay to talk about Ayder Filan now?" tanong niya. She heard Aira inhaling deeply. Nahigit pa niya ang paghinga habang hinihintay ang kasagutan nito.

"Wala na 'yon, ate. Baka nga talagang hindi lang kami para sa isa't-isa. You and mom are right, I still have a bright future ahead," mahaba nitong sagot. She pursed her lips and silently wept hearing that from her sister.

"A-ano ba talagang nangyari sa inyo? Ginawan ka ba ng masama?" tanong niya ulit. Pinigilan niya ang paggaralgal ng boses.

"Ayder is the nicest man I knew. Akala ko nga talaga kami na hanggang sa huli. Kaya lang bigla na lang niya akong iniwasan." Aira sighed.