Chapter 17: My Space

"But Hannah - i still care about you i don't want to have to do this." He said like he was about to break down.
"Then don't stay Dally I'll stay here all day and list a million reasons on why you should stay!" I let a couple more tears fall.
"Hannah your making this harder for me." He looked down at the ground.
"That's the point you idiot. Either stay and walk me to the Curtis house and everything will be okay and I'll still love you or walk out that door and I'll never talk to you again!" I yelled.
"You can't do that!" He yelled.
"You can't do this!" I screamed walking closer to him. "So please stay." I practically begged.
"Hannah can I just have like an hour to myself?" He asked calming down again.
"Fine you stay in here and come to the Curtis house when you think your rest to talk to me." I push pass him. "And if you need to wait till I come home stay here. But you have two chances either come get me or stay here but if you leave it's over and your just going to be a stranger to me." I walked out of my own door and head down the stairs wiping the tears off my face and throwing a smile on.

I walked up to the Curtis house acting like everything was fine. But in reality under my smile there was still a faded frown. I entered seeing everyone but Dally. "Hey yo Hannah how's it hanging?" I heard two-bit laugh.
"Everything's perfect!" I laugh grabbing a beer from the fridge.
"Where's Dally?" Steve asked from the living room. I hid my face with the fridge and let a small frown show.
"Had things to do he might come later we'll see." I came back from the kitchen and jumped on the couch with the least amount of people, "Hey Johnny!"
"Hi Hannah." He waved shyly.
"Oh come on kid I've known you most of our lives brighten up." I playfully hit his shoulder.
"Sorry." He nervously laughed.
"Why don't you have a beer." I hand him mine.
"No no no I'm good." He pushed it away.
"Just a sip Johnny." I laugh.
"Just a sip." He grabbed the beer and took a small sip from it the shut his eyes tightly. "Why do you people like that."
"It helps with shit." Two yelled.
"What He said!" I laughed.
"Do you think Dal would want to come to the drive in with us?" Johnny asked.
"Probably not." I frowned a bit but then instantly threw my smile back on.
"What's wrong hannah?" Steve looked at me.
"There's nothing wrong." I gulped then took a huge sip of my beer.
"Hannah somethings wrong." He looked me in the eyes but I quickly looked away. I don't want anyone to know quite yet that I'm already being broken up with. If even.
"Nothing is wrong!" I yelled then stomped outside slamming the door. I sat on the big rock places in front of the Curtis house and just breathed. It'll be okay hannah we don't need him. We don't need that.
"Hey Hannah." I heard a light voice come from around the corner.
"Hi Caitlin." I lightly smile.
"What's up?" She made me move over a bit so she could sit on the rock with me.
"I think dallys breaking up with me." I start to show a frown.
"Why?" She asked wrapping her arm around me.
"Because he says he could never love me or anyone and he doesn't want to hurt me later on." I start to let my eyes water up but I quickly rub them.
"Well screw him you know how many guys how after you you'll find someone new real quick." She rubbed my shoulder.
"But that's the thing he'll be new but he won't be perfect. I won't love him like I loved Dally." A tear quickly falls down my face out of my control.
"You love him?" She asked.
"Yea but when I told him he freaked out and then was trying to leave." I look down at my shaky feet.
"Aw come here sweetie." She let me cry into her shoulder. In my opinion it really helped. I never really get to cry in front of anyone.
"If he stops by later or he's still at my house he's willing to stay but if I don't see him in either place then I said we're over and he'll just be a stranger in the gang to me." I tell her sobbing.
"I really hope he's still there."
"Me too Caitlin me too." I let more tears fall onto her already soaked shoulder.
"He'll come around." She leaned her head on top of mine and we just sat there.

Sorry it's short but I wrote this in my free period in school so it's something😂