2. Stripes

It was school picture day today and Luke was way too excited. He wanted to look so good, for him and for Michael!

He had showered already and was now doing his hair. He made it extra curly today, since Michael once said he really likes curly hair.

He putted on a striped t-shirt and black skinny jeans. The shirt really was his favourite. He then putted on his dark grey denim jacket to top it off.

Lastely his cologne.

Luke smiled at himself in the mirror before he swinged his backpack over one shoulder. He grabbed his keys and walked out the door.

For the first time Michael wasn't late to class. He mainly did this because he didn't wanna sit next to Luke. Besides, no one really did.

Luke was always so happy and talkative and Michael didn't know why.

He just wanted to punch Luke in the face..

Michael sat down in the back with a good friend of him, Joshua.

Oh there he came walking trough the door, the ball of sunshine. He had a big keen smile on his face as he walked towards the other side of the class. He sat down at a table near the teachers desk.

He immidiately took out all his art supplies. He layed his pencils, color ordered, on the table. That was something Luke just had to do.

"Good morning class!" Miss. Kelly yelled trough the class. Everyone went silent amd sat down.

"Clifford, you're on time!" Miss. Kelly said and smiled. Michael nodded "indeed I am" he said.

"Good, how was everyone's summer vacation?" Miss. Kelly asked.

Luke being the one in front of the teacher got chosen to speak. "Luke?" Miss. Kelly asked.

"It was very good, I went to piano classes this summer and learned a lot of things besides..I went to Melbourne to see some old friends and family" Luke said and smiled thinking of that.

Michael rolled his eyes at Luke's voice. His stupid voice, with his stupid smile.

"Michael?" Miss. Kelly asked. "What?" Michael asked confused. "What did you do this summer?"

"Oh..uhh..I went out to the beach and just.. worked a lot" Michael said short and quickly. He didn't wanna talk about his summer vacation.

Miss. Kelly nodded and continued to the next person.

Luke knew exactly where Michael worked, tho it sounded creepy. Michael worked at a record store nearby school. Luke always went there so he could have an excuse to talk to Michael. He'd ask him so many questions to kill time.

Michael also knew where Luke worked. Luke worked at cafe on the outline of Sydney. Michael only comes there when he wants some coffee in the morning.

Tho Michael found Luke working in a clothing store more like him. He did know how to match his clothes. Why was he thinking of that?

Michael sighed and sat back in his chair.

"So for this class you'll be drawing something that inspires you...this could be a book, a person, a movie or magazine, whatever it is.." Miss. Kelly explained.

"You have 5 weeks to do so" Miss. Kelly said as she crossed her arms and smiled.

Luke smiled and already a hundred ideas in his head.

It was the end of the day and Luke was making his way to Michael's locker as usual with a soft smile.

He had the copy of the notes in one hand and a book in the other.

"Hey Michael" Luke said as he leaned against the locker.

"Hey.." Michael said sternly as he putted in his books. "Here are the notes from today's classes" Luke said handing the papers. Michael should say that Luke does have a beautiful hand writing, beter than Michael himself could ever do.

Michael sighed "thanks Luke" he said and closed his locker.

"No problem...so..are you doing anything this weekend?" Luke asked and bit his lip.

"Uhmm..no not really" Michael said putting some books away in his back.

"Would you maybe wanna go to this art museum with me? I have a ticket left since a friend of mine can't go and since I know you like art I-"

"No wait, I have a family meeting actually.." Michael said and shrugged his shoulders. "Sorry.." Michael said awkwardly.

"But maybe Calum wants to go with you!" Michael said and pushed Calum towards Luke who was walking besides them.

Michael quickly took this as a chance to walk off.

"W-what?" Calum asked confused. Luke sighed "nothing, he just-" Luke shook his head and started strolling towards the exit. Why would he even care to explain?

Calum watched Luke with a confused look before he shrugged his shoulders and walked away too.

Luke sat in the library, reading on of his romantic books.

He got excited when reading the following lines in the book.

"You are the answer to every prayer I've offered. You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have. I love you Allie, more than you can ever imagine. I always have, and I always will".

Luke then started fangirling and jumped excitedly in his seat.

A couple students gave him a weird and questioning look while there was the librerian who had seen Luke in the library EVERY tuesday. She rolled her eyes and typed away on her computer.

Luke imagined Michael saying that to him and it made him smile even more.

Luke closed his book and decided to do his homework for the time being..