Chapter 3

======================================

"Awelewa what happened?"

The girl in person was confused. The throbbing pain at the back of her head was so severe that she couldn't detect what was in front of her.

The voice.

Wait. Is that Bami?

The thought of Bamidele standing close to her while asking if she was okay gave her this soothing and relaxed feeling. That was her drive as she tried to stand.

She wasn't successful.

Blinking managed to solve the problem as she saw a lanky structure coming towards her. The figure bent forward and offered a hand.

A few squints later birthed her disappointment.

It's not even Bami.

No, it wasn't. It was her closest and only friend, Abasi Faith.

Having parents who were really close enabled their children to have the same relationship with the other. Awelewa and Abasi had been friends since their mothers met in the hospital. They both had complications during birth thus they stayed together everyday.

"Ewa answer me naa!" Abasi mockingly exclaimed as he drew back his had. He pouted his lips, folded his arms and watched as Awelewa grumbled.

"It's even you sef." Awelewa snorted and rolled her eyes. "Abeg I'm not standing up again."

She remained in her sitting position and watched as Abasi laughed boisterously. She knew exactly why.

"Yeeeee! Mama thought it was Coker! If you like stay there na. You'll eventually miss your chance to see him." He continued as he knew his actions irritated her.

"How?" Awelewa asked with a confused look.

He eyed her suspiciously.

"Assembly n-"

She didn't wait for him to finish his sentence as she stood up with a surprising amount of energy.

"Ahhhhh! And you're looking at me!" She exclaimed as she glared at him and poked him on his chest. She started running towards the door of the assembly hall, looked back and found out that he was still behind her. She pouted and stumped her foot. His response was even an increase in his laughter.

"Laugh wan kill me die! Awelewa Oluwadamilare! So your source of strength is a guy? Your mother must hear this!"

Abasi jogged to her standing place as he continued laughing. He met her folding her arms.

"You know you're just a fool right?" Awelewa stated as she playfully slapped his arm.

"Ehnn. And you're a fooler." Her male friend quietly giggled to himself but Awelewa heard his statement.

"Abasi, please have sense for once."

When he heard her words wrapped with pure humor, he put his arms around her shoulders. "Yes ma."

Awelewa glanced at her best friend and smiled. It was such an amazing feeling to have that one person that you would always be comfortable with. For a second, she actually forgot that she was bullied a few minutes ago. She was very sure that Abasi's mocking remarks about her crush was an attempt to make her feel better.

An attempt that worked.

He always did this when he knew she was insulted, harassed or made fun of especially when he wasn't around to defend her.