Chapter 10

======================================

Awelewa and Nifemi watched as Abasi left silently...

Fourth period...

Break time...

Fifth period...

Sixth period...

Seventh...

Eighth...

Ninth...

Time and periods passed, Abasi wasn't back yet and this worried Awelewa. She even declined going for break time with Nifemi because she thought she'd miss his coming. Her mind wasn't really keen on concentrating during her classes and free periods. She would just watch teachers and some students go out and come in; not even contributing to whatever that was said and done.

Rinngggggg! Rinngggggg!

As the bell rang for the end of the tenth period, Awelewa's eyes were glued to the classroom door, hoping that he would come in.

"Awelewa, school's over." Nifemi tapped her shoulder and gave a warm smile. She was pulling her heavy looking bag pack on her shoulders when Awelewa managed to smile back.

"I know, but Abasi and I usually walk home together. I'll wait."

"Are you sure? I mean, I don't mind walking with you today. I'd be so jolly if you show me around this place." Nifemi clasped her hands and pouted.

Awelewa looked thoughtfully.

Well... Nifemi is new here so I guess I shouldn't mind showing her around Lagos. I don't think Abasi would okay with me just staying here.

"Okay. Let's go." She finally said.

"Yes!" Nifemi squealed and grinned.

Immediately, Awelewa started packing her books from the desk slowly; an inner side of her hoping her forslowing would give Abasi some time to arrive. To her disappointment, he didn't.

When she finally finished and placed the dark school bag on her shoulders, strutting out of the classroom door seemed difficult as she lazily dragged herself forward.

After the side greetings and waves, Awelewa and Nifemi finally got to the gate and met the worst. A carefree Chiwendu and Laura was one thing Awe couldn't stand looking at, thus she stopped at once.

Flee...now!

Of course she tried to obey the annoying being speaking in her head. Doing this became abortive because Laura had already started a conversation with her cousin after graciously eyeing her.

Unfortunately, she had to wait.

"Nife, Chichi and I are going home with the car. Won't you follow us?" Her sugar coated words sounded as she playfully pouted.

Nifemi glanced at Awelewa, whose eyes were glued to the floor as she nervously tapped her feet. She knew something was wrong and politely declined.

"Oh come on! We're also going for shopping oh! You know that you promised that you'll go with me when you get here. Don't break your promise na." Laura pleaded.

Silence that filled the noisy air which was sometimes broken by Chiwendu's loud gum chewing, was established. The whole thing completely irritated an anxious to leave Awelewa.

"Okay, I'll come with you." Nifemi finally answered.

For some reason, Chiwendu instantly grinned. "Awesome! With your amazing sense of fashion, it would be mad oh!" She exclaimed.