𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒

"They looked so strict," Puck shivered as they walked to out of school with Yvette.

"You can't judge people just by their looks Puck." Bambina staked, shaking her head.

Yvette rolled her eyes, knowing she couldn't trust Bambina's judgement on people, "Tell me more."

"They were both wearing suits and it looked as if they had a stick up their arse,"

"Puck! That's rude!" Bambina reprimanded.

"But true," he whispered to Yvette.

He had always had a thing for Yvette, but he was too shy to admit it out loud.

"That's our bus, see you, Yvette!" Bambina pulled Puck with her onto the bus.

"I don't understand how you can stand up for them, the first question they asked was when your parents had died." The boy made a shuddering sound of horror.

"I'm turning 18 in less than a year, I should start acting like an adult and stop sulking about what could've been," she pulled out some peach gummies.

"Being an adult doesn't mean not showing any emotions, Stelle." Puck looked at his friend who was busy chomping on the gummies.

"Well, yeah, but it'll help." She licked her lips off the sugar that had surrounded the gummy before smiling widely to Puck.

"Our stop," he pulled her up and they walked to the orphanage together.

"Estelle, wonderful news! The Pellis couple has agreed to take you in, get packing, they will come to pick you up in a few days!" Miranda waltzed towards them, giving Bambina a grin, happy that her favourite child was finally going to find a home.

"Really?" Bambina grinned impossibly wider, reaching out to hug Miranda as Puck stood just inside the door, furrowing his brown brows.

Miranda nodded before squeezing Bambina one last time and gently pushing her towards her room.

"Stelle, are you sure this is what you want?" Puck sat on her bed, watching her as she began to pack her things in her white suitcase.

"Of course, a home, a family, oh! But I'll miss you!" Bambina swept herself over to him and gave him a hug.

"I'll miss you too Stelle, I'll miss you too."

\(-O-)/

All the kids at the orphanage sat in the living room, the younger ones sitting on the laps of the older ones as blankets wrapped around each of them. Playing on the television was How To Train Your Dragon, and bowls of popcorn littered across the room as everyone stared intently at the bright screen in the dark room.

Sitting on Bambina's lap was a small girl by the name of Polly, she was a baby and couldn't speak properly yet. She wore a pink jumpsuit as she put a toy in her mouth, chewing it with her teething gums.

Miranda walked in, looking flabbergasted, having just been on a phone call a while ago. Her thin brows knitted together as she tried to figure out what just happened. Her nightgown hung loosely, bare feet touching the cold wood floor.

"Estelle," she spoke softly, as the young girl's gaze went to her, "We have to speak."

Bambina stood carefully, Polly still in her arms as she walked towards Miranda, who blindly grasped her arm and guided her to the office.

The downstairs heater had turned off by now, so the office was cold, but Polly remained oblivious as she snuggled into the blanket around her, and Bambina shivered gently.

"What is it, Mira?" Bambina questioned, her heart pounding, hoping that the Pellis' hadn't decided that they didn't want her anymore.

"I just got a call," her palms began to get sweaty, "it was from my superiors about... an aunt of yours." Bambina almost fainted, aunt of hers?

"After, a year?" Bambina bit her lip.

"Apparently there was a mix up of some sort."

"I - I don't understand," Miranda looked up at the slouching confused girl in front of her, and felt happiness bloom in her stomach.

"Estelle, they've found an aunt, from your mother's side, you will be moving in with her instead of the Pellis', you can finally be with family again." She smiled softly as she watched Bambina rock Polly to sleep.

"Well, I do hope that the lovely Pellis couple will find another suitable child to adopt." Bambina looked up with a smile, she would meet her mother's sister for the first time.

She hoped that she would make a good impression.