𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃

The holidays were over, and Bambina stood in front of the mirror, wearing a private school uniform. It was a dark green skirt with a white blouse and a dark green blazer with the school crest.

The week before when she had asked Elise about her schooling, Elise had informed her of the Mafia school, shoving the uniform into her arms. Bambina would be going to school via a small bus with the rest of the servants who were in the school as well.

Bambina finished packing her bag, including a small lunch - an apple, a small packet of peach gummies and her usual stash of peach lollipops.

"Bambina, listen, as a maid, you are given a uniform for the school, you mustn't speak to the students that have no uniform, they are the higher ranks. Also, do not go to the cafeteria bar, they are reserved for the higher ranks as well, you, unfortunately, have to pack a lunch, which you did." Elise rambled, leading Bambina to the van and shoving a bagel in her hands, "Have a good day nipote," she kissed her forehead and Bambina entered the minibus along with many children of all ages, all wearing the same uniform.

She sat beside a blonde who wore her short hair in a low pony, lots of strands still out.

"Name's Izabelle, but you can call me Izzy," she smiled brightly, sticking her hand out.

"Estelle," Bambina smiled back, pushing the nervous butterflies down.

"That's a beautiful name." She observed.

"So is yours," Bambina said as the van started.

"Your new, how has it been for you here?" Izzy tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"It's been ok," Bambina had begged her auntie to try and make sure she got the jobs not relating to Marcello, she was determined to stay away from him and kill the onslaught of unfamiliar feelings she had when he was there, and even when he wasn't, "How long have you been here?"

"I was born into the life of a maid," Izzy replied tugging at her skirt.

Bambina nodded in understanding and Izzy changed the subject onto something else.

/(*u*)\

Altogether, there were more people in uniforms than there were people in normal clothes, this made Bambina feel more comfortable, as well as the fact that Izzy was in almost all of her classes.

The day had passed without any trouble, and now Bambina entered the cafeteria area, the tables in the middle - the cleanest - sat the non-uniformed people, their tables filled with expensive-looking food.

Bambina looked over at Izzy as she waved her over to a table on the backside, Izzy sitting all alone.

Bambina headed there, and as she walked the whole cafeteria silenced. How cliche.

She sat beside Izzy who was looking at something behind Bambina with wide eyes.

"What?" Bambina questioned, only for her own eyes to widen once she saw what, rather who was behind her.

Marcello stood, confident and tall, head held high, clad in a white shirt and black jeans, his hair messy and his green eyes staring into Bambina's.

He held his hand out, a hard command leaving his mouth, "Come,"

She nervously turned to Izzy, to see she was being of no help whatsoever, her head bowed as she stared at the table as if it was the most interesting thing.

Turning back to Marcello, her face went red as she noticed everyone was staring at her, studying her.

She slowly took his hand and he got her to stand, leading her to the middle table.

The blonde woman from when she first arrived at the house, glared daggers at Bambina, making her stare down at her black polished school shoes.

Upon Marcello glaring at one of the kids at the table, the kid scurried out of the seat, leaving two free seats beside each other. Marcello sat Bambina down next to his best friend, sitting on her other side.

Amadeo was a tech wiz, able to hack into any website or organisation. He was also Marcello's best friend, and he was considered a brother. He shot a grin at the nervous, fidgeting girl beside Marcello, knowing fully well how smitten Marcello was to her. Once Marcello realised who she was he had gotten Amadeo to search up any and all information on her. He remembered how this morning Marcello had stressed so much on what to wear in order to try and impress Bambina.

"You must be Estelle," Amadeo introduced himself, Bambina noted that Amadeo also had an accent.

 "Yes, and you?" Bambina looked up at him.

"Amadeo, pleased to make your acquaintance." He gave a charming smile and Marcello shot a glare, he may trust Amadeo, but he did not trust that Bambina wouldn't fall for Amadeo.

"Bambi, eat." Marcello shortened her second name.

"I'm not hungry." She mumbled.

"Bambina," he warned.

Hesitantly, and completely aware of the fact that everyone was staring at her, she trembled in nervousness, bringing out her lunch box.

It was separated in half, one side with the apple and the gummies in the other.

She never really liked eating in public, and it was worse now because everyone's attention was on her.

Bambina placed her lunch box back in her bag and stood, Marcello, looking at her in question, "If you'll excuse me, I must go to the bathroom." She bowed her head and rushed out, Marcello watching her leave before glaring at his friend who shrugged his shoulders.

Locking herself in a bathroom cubicle, she brought out her lunch once more and while taking a bite off the apple, she sighed in relief at being away from everyone's gaze.

"Ugh, I almost have Marcello in my grasps, but then that conniving bitch gets in my way." The doors slammed open.

"Tell me about it, you were going to become the most powerful woman in the mafia." Another voice spoke.

"She's not even pretty," another girl mused, Bambina bit her lip.

"I bet she can't even fight for her life." It was the blonde's voice.

This statement made Bambina fist her hands, she tended to easily lose her temper.

"Yeah, did you see how small she was? And her bug eyes? Like a disgusting cockroach." One of the second two spoke.

The half time bell rang, "Well, I've got to try and reinstate my claim on Marcello so no one gets any wild ideas." Blondie said before leaving the bathroom with her minions, the bathroom door banging behind them.

Bambina closed her eyes and took 3 deep breaths, her fists loosening.