Chapter 5: The Truth

I woke up the next morning, the sun creeping through my blinds and shining into my eyes. I let out a soft, almost irritated sigh as I sat up. Normally, I would smile to wake up to the sunrise, but today was different. Today, I was meeting up with Genos. I wasn't really sure about the blond cyborg. Sure, he was attractive and didn't ask too many questions, but at the same time, he was a hero. He could turn me in easily if he found out who I was. And I'm sure he would, no questions asked. I stand up and look around my empty room before throwing on a dark blue shirt and the same shorts I wore yesterday. I curse under my breath when I realized I didn't go and do the task I had set my myself yesterday. Oh well, I can always kill Mrs. Akari another day. I stretch a bit before walking outside. The sun had completely risen over the peaks of the mountain, a sign that the day had started. I never wore my hat as I wandered around city Z, for I saw no need. No one else lived here except rats and other wildlife, so I didn't need to worry about running into another person. The only things I ever ran into that talked were monsters. I figured it was about 7AM, which meant I had a good couple of hours till I had to go to meet Genos at the Hirohashi Mountain. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical about going. I knew the exact clearing in the mountain he had been referring to. It was a completely secluded area, sandwiched between two mountain ridges. It was the perfect spot to lure someone to kidnap them or possibly kill them. Yes, I could easily kick Genos' robotic behind if I needed too, but I didn't really want to. Just the thought of damaging any part of him, human or robotic, cause a strange feeling in my heart, like someone was tying a string around it and then roughly tugged at it. I wasn't sure what this feeling was, but I really didn't like it. I mean, I had felt something like this while I was in Akio's lab, but that was fear. It almost felt like someone was playing tug of war with my heart then let it drop down to my stomach. I began to softly hum again as I looked around the abandoned city. I decided I would help 'train' Genos for about an hour. That seemed like enough time to me. But then I would have to leave before he had a chance to question me at all. I wasn't sure how I felt about that... The thought of leaving him caused the same feeling I had before, making my heart hurt. But the thought of staying with him and having him find out about me and even hating me because of it caused the feeling of fear. I didn't like either of these feelings. I wanted to stay in Genos' company, but I didn't want him to find out who I was... A monster. And yes, I killed, but I only killed for justice. I would never kill just for the hell of it. I had only killed the innocent once... and that was an accident. It was a week after I had escaped the lab. The screams... the terrified faces... I pushed the thought out of my head and walked back to my apartment. I laid down on my bed and grabbed my hero guide. I decided to read more about Genos before I met up with him.

I slowly walked up to the mountain, making sure my head was tightly secured around my head so it didn't fly off as I was training Genos. I was still confused as to why he would want me to train him. It seemed like such an odd request. As I entered the clearing of the mountain, I noticed Genos already there, glancing down at his phone. I walked a bit closer to him, clearing my throat. He looks up and smiles softly, putting his phone back into his pocket. "Thank you for meeting me." He says, walking up to me. "Yeah, what exactly did you want me to do?" I ask, walking backwards a bit, noticing a large hole in the mountain that I didn't recognize. "Well, I was hoping we could fight first, then I could ask questions after." He states, getting into a fighting stance. I shrug. "K. It's your funeral." I reply, doing the same. Before I could process anything, Genos charged at me. 'Such speed!' I think, barely managing to dodge his attack. Yes he was fast, but I was faster. I ran towards him, landing a solid hit on his chest, causing him to fall back. He catches himself and chases after me. We kept exchanging punches and he even managed to hit me a couple of times. Of course, I returned the favor immediately after. After a few minutes of fighting, my monster instincts began to creep in. This always happened whenever I got into a fight that was longer than 10 minutes. It was meant to kinda protect me and end fights quickly. It basically made me go savage. I tried to suppress my urges to tear Genos apart. I could feel my heart rate growing faster and faster, all my senses heightened. I wanted to kill. I wanted to feel blood on my hands. My speed began to pick up and I quickly pinned Genos to the ground. He looked up at me, his eyes widened in surprise. With the fight over, I slowly began to go back to normal. I stared down at him, panting heavily as my body began to shut down. Turning monster took a lot out of me. "Sorry..." I whisper helping him up. He just continued to stare down at me, the look of shock glued to his face. After a minute, I finally decided to speak. "Ok, well, I'm going to go..." I state, wanting to feel the warm embrace of my bed. I turn around and stop dead in my tracks when I say a beat up old cap on the ground. My cap. The one that hid my horns.

I quickly turned back to Genos, trying to cover the horns he had already seen. "So, you are a monster." Genos states, going back to his usual emotionless state. I sigh and look up at him, my eyes red. "Yes. Sorry, but no one can know my secret." Those words hurt me more than any of the procedures that Mr. Akio ever did. But why? I was so confused as to why I was so reluctant to hurt him. I charged at him, my after image staying there for a solid three seconds. Genos dodged and countered. "You don't have to do this. I wasn't planning on telling anyone." He states, grabbing my arms to stop my punches. "I can't risk you telling. I have too important of a mission to be stopped now." I growl, trying to hide the pain of trying to kill him. The fight didn't even last 5 minutes before it ended. I wasn't sure what happened honestly. Genos wasn't anywhere near me before I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen and passed out.

A/N: Three updates in 15 minutes cause I'm just that good!