Chapter 1

Nemuri POV

I was out on patrol when I came across a group of four or five boys who couldn't have been older than six all gathered around something, "STOP IT!" Another boy yelled it didn't take me long to realize what was happening, suddenly all the boys flew backward revealing a little boy lying on the ground. I rushed over to the children and made sure they were alright before I ran over to the little boy lying on the ground. "Are you alright sweetie?" I asked, "I'm sorry!" The child cried over and over again, he couldn't have been more than three years old, he's still just a baby. "It's ok no one was hurt, can you tell me your name sweetheart?" I asked, "(y...y/n)." He said as he continued to cry. (y/n) sat up and his sleeve fell just enough to reveal several large bruises on his arms as he tried to dry his eyes, "It's very nice to meet you (y/n), I'm the hero Midnight." I said, "I'm going to take you home alright sweetie." I said as I held his hand.

"Is this where you live?" I asked as we walked up to a seemingly normal house, (y/n) just looked down at the ground. I knocked on the door and a few seconds later a woman answered the door.

 I knocked on the door and a few seconds later a woman answered the door

"Yes?" She said, "Hello ma'am I believe this is your child." I said, "What did he do now?" She asked coldly, "What he didn't do anything. He was being attacked in the park so I brought him home!" I said, "So what he probably deserved it. He is a villain after all." She said, "He's a child!" I said, "Honey who's at the door?" A man asked from behind her.

"You!" He said angrily as he pushed past his wife and tried to punch (y/n), "You would really try to hit him in front of a hero!" I said as I caught his punch and slammed him into the ground, "If you like him so much you can take him

"You!" He said angrily as he pushed past his wife and tried to punch (y/n), "You would really try to hit him in front of a hero!" I said as I caught his punch and slammed him into the ground, "If you like him so much you can take him. We've been trying to get rid of him for years now." The woman said, "Maybe I will." I said, "Fine he's your problem now!" The man said as I let him go.

"I'm sorry." (y/n) said sadly, "You have nothing to apologize for, you did nothing wrong." I said as I carried him, "Sweetie why did they say that you're a villain?" I asked, "Quirk bad." He said, "What do you mean? How is your quirk bad?" I asked he didn't answer, "It's ok if you don't want to tell me." I said, he just hugged me and began to cry, "What's wrong??" I asked, "You, nice." He said as I wiped away his tears, "You act like I'm the first person to ever be nice to you. People have been nice to you before right?" I asked, he shook his head, "That's horrible! If you want you can stay with me." I said, he nodded, "Alright let's go home." I said sweetly.